Unknown tribes: first contact with civilizationVika
In the Amazon River basin, near the Brazilian-Peruvian border, at the end of March this year, a tribe of Indians was accidentally discovered, which has not yet had contact with civilization. Photo reporter for Reuters - Lunae Parracho - managed to photograph them during a flight in the area of the Xinane River. Anthropologists are confident that this is a new unknown tribe that has not been previously studied or described. See their first contact with civilization.
1. The Indians react nervously to the plane that flew over their settlement. (Photo: LUNAE PARRACHO).
2. It is believed that this tribe has lived until now in complete isolation from the world. (Photo: LUNAE PARRACHO).
3. These photographs are courtesy of the National Trust for Brazilian Indians (FUNAI). On them we see the Indians of an unknown tribe that lives far from the whole world in the impenetrable Brazilian jungle.
4. These photographs capture the first contact of an unknown tribe with civilization. (Photo: Courtesy of FUNAI).
5. On the banks of the Envira River near the border with Peru, for the first time there was a contact of the Indians of an unknown tribe with the Ashaninka Indians, who live in Brazilian forests along the river Xinane. (Photo: Courtesy of FUNAI).
6. View of the Xinane River in the Brazilian state of Acre, where, in addition to the Ashaninka Indians, other tribes also live: Huni Kui and Madija. (Photo: LUNAE PARRACHO).
7. The chief of the Huni Kui tribe blows a powder of herbs into the nose of a tribesman during a ritual ceremony in the village of Novo Segredo on the Envira River. (Photo: LUNAE PARRACHO).
8. Indians of the Huni Kui and Madija tribes over the past three years have faced the problem of raids by unknown tribes in their villages. In the photo: Ashaninka Indians in the village of Kokasul. (Photo: LUNAE PARRACHO).
9. Indian chiefs ask for help from local authorities to prevent the migration of undescribed tribes on their territory. (Photo: LUNAE PARRACHO).
10. Szubua is a Huni Kui tribe house of worship in Me Txanava village in Acre state. (Photo: LUNAE PARRACHO).
11. The Madija Indians butcher an alligator in a boat on the Envira River. (Photo: LUNAE PARRACHO).
12. The boy plays a ceramic wind instrument (similar to a flute), which was found by his father in the territory where an undescribed tribe lives. It is likely that it was made by the Indians of this tribe. (Photo: LUNAE PARRACHO).
13. A family from the Ashaninka tribe in the village of Simpatia on the banks of the Envira River. (Photo: LUNAE PARRACHO).
14. An Indian from the Huni Kui tribe in the village of Novo Segredo prepares a special drink for a healing ritual. (Photo: LUNAE PARRACHO).
Keywords: Tribes | Nations | World | People | Civilization | Photo project | Photographs | Indians | Connection | Society | Travel | Country | City | Area | Anthropologists | Unknown | Description | Life | Lifestyle