How Tula the cat helps a girl with autism
Categories: Animals | ChildrenBy Pictolic https://pictolic.com/article/how-tula-the-cat-helps-a-girl-with-autism
Iris Grace Helmshaw is a 4 year old girl from the UK. In December 2011, doctors determined that she had autism. Iris has trouble communicating, expressing emotions, and social interactions. After learning about the diagnosis, Iris's parents decided to find for her those types of activities that would help the girl express her feelings more effectively. And they also found her a new friend - Maine Coon Tulu.
When Tula is around, Iris becomes more talkative and open to communication. Before Tula arrived, Iris resisted her parents' attempts to force her to wear clothes. Now she "wears clothes, sleeps better and socializes more."
(Total 18 photos)
1. Tula is not just a cat, she is Iris's best friend. They are always together. Iris loves to draw very much, and Tula sits nearby and watches it.
2. Iris constantly communicates with Tula, even tells her about the inhabitants of the sea, while Tula bravely takes a bath with her.
4. Tula is very good-natured and patient, but sometimes she gets into a mischievous mood.
5. Once Tula even received a gold star from the Iris collection. Iris' mother decided to give her gold stars for her good behavior. Iris was horrified by this idea, and the stars were moved away. But one day the girl found an asterisk and stuck it on Thule's forehead.
6. Iris and Tula do almost everything together and feel each other's moods perfectly.
7. They sleep together after dinner...
8. …and ride bikes together.
9. If Iris is worried at night, Tula comes to her.
11. When Iris is having breakfast, Tula comes to the drawing room and waits for her.
12. They play hide-and-seek next to the house ...
13. …and Tula accompanies Iris on all her adventures.
14. Tula even helps mother Iris in teaching the girl. In the photo, she is sitting next to sand and molds.
16. Even when the plasticine for modeling ends, this does not stop her friends.
17. They play with jewelry too (Iris especially likes it).
18. Iris and Tula have a very special relationship. Tula is infinitely devoted to "her girl", and Iris also loves her very much.
Keywords: Autism | Girl | CatsPost News Article
Not all school years seem to be the best. Some children, unfortunately, face ridicule. Anything can serve as an excuse: taller than ...
The names of men, stars of mixed martial arts, are on everyone's lips. Things are much worse in women's MMA, where even the ...
Scientists are sure: men do not look at women's legs, this is a stereotype. Only for some reason the men themselves did not hear ...
Cats are everywhere, where live and work people. There are some in the places where they seemingly did not place. For example, in ...
In the warm time of year, many cat owners try to arrange for your household pet a place to stroll where they could enjoy the ...
Not everyone loves summer, no matter how wonderful it may seem. And it's all about the heat, from which you can neither hide nor ...