11 actresses who brought Cleopatra to life on the big screenBy Vika https://pictolic.com/en/article/11-actresses-who-brought-cleopatra-to-life-on-the-big-screen
There are a few historical figures who managed to escape the textbooks and become, one way or another, part of popular culture. Among them we will find Cleopatra, who is, well, ... an example of what we described earlier: it has been more than 2000 years since she roamed the Egyptian palaces, and she still imposes all kinds of beauty trends. She was portrayed in all sorts of ways, from the femme fatale to the relentless seductress that the Romans considered her to be. And, of course, the celebrities didn't hold back on bringing it to life in their own, very personal way.
So, as a tribute to the legendary Queen of Egypt and to all those celebrities who chose to play the part that portrayed her according to their time, we have made a collection for you to see how the image of Cleopatra has evolved on the screen.
1. Elizabeth Taylor - Cleopatra (1963)
2. Vivien Leigh - Caesar and Cleopatra (1945)
3. Monica Belucci - Asterix and Obelix: Mission Cleopatra (2002).
4. Sophia Loren - Two nights with Cleopatra (1954).
5. Leonor Varela - Cleopatra (1999)
6. Theda Bara - Cleopatra (1917)
7. Claudette Colbert - Cleopatra (1934)
8. Micheline Dax (voice) - Asterix and Cleopatra (1968)
9. Hildegard Neil - Antony and Cleopatra (1972)
10. Alessandra Negrini - Cleopatra (2007)
11. Marshal Lindsey - Rome (2005)