On September 26, sales of the iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus begin in Russia
Categories: TechnologyBy Pictolic https://pictolic.com/article/on-september-26-sales-of-the-iphone-6-and-iphone-6-plus-begin-in-russia.html
The process will begin in the Far East at midnight local time. New smartphones will move around the country from east to west.
(Total 18 photos)
1. The key difference between the new iPhones is the size. The iPhone 6 has a 4.7-inch display with a resolution of 1334 × 750 pixels, while the iPhone 6 Plus has a 5.5-inch display with a resolution of 1920 × 1080 pixels.
3. Last year's iPhone 5S and iPhone 5C models have more modest display specifications: a 4-inch diagonal with a resolution of 1136 × 640 pixels.
5. Both smartphones are equipped with A8 processors with 64-bit architecture.
6. iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus have 16GB to 128GB storage. For some reason, they refused the 32 GB version in Cupertino. The iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus have become thinner: 6.9 mm for the iPhone 6 and 7.1 mm for the iPhone 6 Plus, respectively.
7. Changes, at least at first glance, little touched the camera iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus. Called "new" on Apple's website, it's no different from the iPhone 5S's iSight camera: the same 8 megapixels, ƒ/2.2 aperture, five-lens sapphire crystal, and True Tone flash. True, optical stabilization and Focus Pixels technology have appeared, which improve the quality of images.
8. The design has also changed: the iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus are a cross between the iPhone 5S and the latest iPod Touch.
9. Meanwhile, the geeks have already managed to conduct not only the traditional technical tests of the iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus. Rick Ryan, author of the RatedRR channel, used thermite, a mixture of aluminum and iron oxides, to crash test the iPhone 6 Plus, reaching a temperature of 2400 degrees when burned. The result was predictable: there was practically nothing left of the smartphone.
10. This was not enough for him: Rick Ryan fired at the iPhone 6 Plus with a 50-caliber Barrett M82A1 sniper rifle.
11. After the experiment, he was looking for fragments of the device for a long time. Hitting with a sledgehammer after pre-freezing with liquid nitrogen and grinding an iPhone 6 Plus in a blender produced similar results.
13. The author of the video on the TechRax channel welded both devices. iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus turned off after 9 seconds of boiling. True, after complete cooling, they were again in almost working condition. Only optics could not stand the bullying.
14. Enthusiasts from iFixit, who treat expensive electronics more humanely, simply disassembled the smartphone.
16. Verdict: the iPhone 6 Plus is built with high quality. I wonder who expected another?
17. In the meantime, disturbing reports are coming in from the field: Several iPhone 6 Plus buyers have complained that the smartphone was bent after they vilified it in their back pocket, according to MacRumors. A discussion has already begun on the Web between those who have managed to do this and those who have not yet achieved this.
18. In Russia, the cost of the Apple iPhone 6 will hardly differ from the European one and will range from 32 to 42 thousand rubles. iPhone 6 Plus will cost from 37 to 47 thousand rubles. The price for last year's iPhone 5S models will drop to 25 thousand rubles, and for the iPhone 5C - up to 18 thousand rubles.