The most beautiful castles in IrelandBy Vika https://pictolic.com/en/article/the-most-beautiful-castles-in-ireland1
List of the most beautiful castles in Ireland according to castle lovers from all over the world. Ireland has such a long history of war, adventure, and royalty that wherever you go in Ireland, from Dublin to Limerick, there are historical relics to explore and enjoy. The most prominent historical artifacts in Ireland are their many looming castles. Ireland has so many castles built over 10 centuries that they are one of the biggest tourist attractions in the country. Although there are many castles in Ireland, most of them are ruins, which makes a visit to one of the resorts or well-maintained castles around the country even more exciting.
Many Irish castles are now used as hotels, where residents can learn about the history of each building and experience traditional art and furniture. Many other Irish castles are either used as museums or open to public tours. Some of the castles are still used as private residences, either because they were passed down from generation to generation or were bought by a wealthy citizen.
What are the most beautiful castles in Ireland? This list features the most beautiful and well-maintained castles in all of Ireland.
1. Lismore Castle is one of Ireland's top tourist attractions with a stunning garden that is open to the public.
2. Kilkenny Castle is one of the most visited castles not only in Ireland but also in the world.
3. Ashford Castle is now used as a hotel, where guests can roam freely over a fairly large area.
4. The Rock of Cashel has been home to the kings of Munster for generations.
5. Donegal Castle may not be well maintained, but that doesn't detract from the beauty of the building and the area around it.
6. Dromoland Castle was built in the 16th century and belonged to the O'Brien royal family.
7. Kinnitty Castle is known for its proximity to the Slieve Bloom Mountains and many major cities in Ireland.
8. Cairo Castle is one of the largest castles in Ireland, surrounded by a moat and other traditional elements of a feudal castle.
9. Glyn Castle is now a hotel with a large collection of traditional Irish paintings and furniture.
10. The Earl of Dunraven called Adare Manor his home.