Poisoned life: a British woman almost died because of mold in the house

Poisoned life: a British woman almost died because of mold in the house

Categories: Europe | Health and Medicine | World

Poisoned life: a British woman almost died because of mold in the house

The fungus, which is found on the walls in many homes, can be deadly. A resident of Stafford twice received intoxication due to mold and spent half her life fighting with severe consequences for the body. She ended up in a wheelchair and suffered 50 painful symptoms. Now the girl shares her sad story in social networks to protect other people from such a disease.

28-year-old Emma Franklin had muscle spasms, hair began to fall out, painful rashes and a chronic cough appeared after she moved into her dream home in 2017. A new page of life began not at all rosy: an unknown illness chained the girl to bed, she needed round-the-clock care.

When the girl's condition began to deteriorate rapidly, she was diagnosed with Lyme disease. The British woman was treated for this disease for 12 years. She believes that she contracted a serious illness during a trip to Florida in 2003.

Poisoned life: a British woman almost died because of mold in the house

Emma recalls: after moving from her parents ' house to a new apartment, she felt as if she was dying. The girl expected joyful changes, opening a new page in her life, but instead she was getting worse and worse. She felt that something was slowly killing her.

Poisoned life: a British woman almost died because of mold in the house

The British woman suffered from incomprehensible symptoms, including chest pain and difficulty breathing. She constantly felt tired and sometimes could not get out of bed, sometimes she slept for days on end. The girl's condition was rapidly deteriorating. Every day there was a new malaise.

Emma turned to the doctors, who sent her for tests. The results showed that it was poisoned by mold. The fungus, which is encountered in many homes, is a source of allergens, irritating and toxic substances. It was on them that the girl developed an allergy, which caused her health to deteriorate sharply.

Poisoned life: a British woman almost died because of mold in the house

After carefully examining the house, the British woman noticed that the spores had spread throughout the apartment, covering the ceilings and cabinets. Since the girl's immune system was already weakened due to Lyme disease, she became more susceptible to other infections. That's why the body reacted so sharply to a new stimulus.

Poisoned life: a British woman almost died because of mold in the house

After learning the cause of her illness, Emma immediately packed up her things and moved to another house. There she finally felt better. But in 2018, the unpleasant symptoms recurred again. After talking to the doctor, the girl assumed that the mold had penetrated into all her things. The girl had to throw everything away and move to a new apartment.

Poisoned life: a British woman almost died because of mold in the house

Now Emma is on the road to recovery. She wants to move to Spain, where the climate is less humid, because of her susceptibility to mold. The girl still moves in a wheelchair, but is not going to give up. The British woman blogs on Instagram and Tiktok, where she talks about the struggle for her health. More than 13,000 users have subscribed to her page.

Emma wants to share her story to raise public awareness about chronic diseases. She hopes that her bitter experience will help others avoid similar problems.

Mold is not the only danger that threatens us in our own home. Even in a modern city apartment, there are many factors that can ruin our health and life.

Keywords: Europe | Health and medicine | Great Britain | Illness | Home | World | Girl | Consequences | Apartment | Doctors | Allergy | Body | Disease | Mold | Problems | Wheelchair | Symptoms | Difficulties

Recent articles

The whole truth about tourist attractions
The whole truth about tourist attractions

The tourist season is approaching and thousands of people are going to places they have been dreaming of visiting all year. Often ...

Red Easter: how the main Christian holiday was celebrated in the USSR
Red Easter: how the main Christian holiday was celebrated in ...

If religion is opium, then Easter is its superdose, the Soviet government considered, not allowing the people to celebrate the main ...

Incredibly beautiful photos, after viewing which you will definitely want to go to Altai
Incredibly beautiful photos, after viewing which you will ...

There are many amazing places in Russia, but Altai is rightfully considered one of the most beautiful and mysterious. Its mountains ...

Related articles

10 products that should always be in the kitchen
10 products that should always be in the kitchen

Do you want to be slim and healthy? Then take a note of the ten products that should always be in your refrigerator. --> See also: ...

The French photographer dressed his models in light, shadow and nothing else
The French photographer dressed his models in light, shadow ...

Anyway, a nude photo is a photo of a nude model, and by and large this is all that can be said about it. French photographer Dani ...

The Black and White Magic of Giulio Magnifico's Street Portraits
The Black and White Magic of Giulio Magnifico's Street Portraits

Italian photographer Giulio Magnifico works in different genres, but he has a special love for black-and-white portraits and street ...