Ireland in picturesBy Vika https://pictolic.com/en/article/ireland-in-pictures1
Despite wars, conflicts, and famine, today Ireland is a prosperous country and a great travel destination. Those who are already disgusted by the beaches of Thailand and Turkish resorts will appreciate this amazing and beautiful country by looking at these photos.
1. Evening walk along the bridge over the River Liffey, which flows through the center of Dublin, the capital of Ireland.
2. Irish culture and architecture were largely influenced by the Celtic tribes who inhabited Ireland in the sixth century
3. Forbes Street in Dublin, the capital of Ireland.
4. Cork is the second largest city in Ireland with over 300,000 people.
5. The island of Ireland is home to two different countries - the Republic of Ireland and Northern Ireland, which is part of the United Kingdom.
6. Irish culture has had a great influence on English literature, and writers such as James Joyce and Oscar Wilde have received international recognition and fame. Ireland has five Nobel Prize winners in Literature. These are George Bernard Shaw, William Butler Yeats, Eugene O'Neill, Heaney, and Samuel Beckett.
7. There are a lot of people on the streets of Cork during the day. Located in southern Ireland, Cork is home to Apple's European headquarters.
8. Ireland is known for its rich cultural traditions and, of course, pubs. Temple Bar in Dublin has become a real find for those who are looking for a real traditional Irish pub.
9. Port Cobh is located in County Cork in the south of Ireland. The Cathedral of St. Colman is also located there.
10. O'Connell Street is Dublin's main street. It was on it that all the protests, demonstrations, and celebrations took place.
11. Another popular place in Dublin is the Storehouse Guinness bar with a great view of the city.
12. Despite Ireland's religious history, in 2015 it was this country that became the first to approve same-sex marriages.