27 shocking photos of the Arab-Israeli conflict
Categories: ConflictBy Pictolic https://pictolic.com/article/27-shocking-photos-of-the-arab-israeli-conflict.html
The history of the Arab-Israeli conflict has more than one decade. Unfortunately, with the beginning of the summer of 2014, a new round of it began, which claimed many lives and continues with ever-growing strength. Dark times have come again for the civilians of the Gaza Strip. As the conflict escalates, the death toll continues to rise. In this issue you will see some of the most shocking photos of the Arab-Israeli conflict.
1. UN Secretary-General Ban Ki-moon accused the Palestinian movement Hamas in the Gaza Strip of "irresponsibility" in launching rocket attacks on Israel, and the Israeli authorities - of a "harsh" response, which leads to civilian casualties.
2. "Once again, Palestinian civilians are caught between the irresponsibility of Hamas and the harsh response of Israel," Ban Ki-moon said at an emergency meeting of the Security Council in connection with the aggravation of the Palestinian-Israeli conflict. According to him, the situation is getting out of control and only the cessation of rocket attacks by Hamas on Gaza can save.
3. Over 1,700 Palestinians, according to the authorities of the autonomy, became victims of the Israeli military operation in the Gaza Strip. The enclave is being bombarded from water, air and land.
4. Lack of food, water and light has brought the Gaza Strip to the brink of a humanitarian catastrophe. It is reported that during the military operation of Israel, 6,000 Palestinians have already suffered here, more than 300,000 have lost their homes.
6. According to the Palestinians, there has not been such a massive aerial bombardment in the Gaza Strip since 1967. 200 objects were attacked, including 5 mosques, turned, according to Israel, into weapons depots.
7. The ceasefire agreement between Israel and Palestine came into force on August 1 at 08:00, but about an hour and a half after the start of the truce, terrorists attacked Israeli soldiers. During the battle, two servicemen, Major Benaya Sarel and Senior Sergeant Liel Gidoni, were killed. Lieutenant Adar Goldin was reported missing and was presumed to have been kidnapped.
8. Lost in the Gaza Strip, Israeli Lieutenant Adar Goldin, who, as previously believed, could be kidnapped by Palestinian terrorists, died in battle.
9. In a televised address to the Israeli people, Netanyahu said that Hamas would pay an "unbearable price" if rocket attacks on Israeli cities continued from the Gaza Strip.