24 historical moments in old photos
Categories: HistoryBy Pictolic https://pictolic.com/article/24-historical-moments-in-old-photos
What did the real Ronald McDonald look like? How many people were at Woodstock in 1969? What did Tesla do in his laboratory? And is it possible to ride a hippopotamus? About this and much more-in our selection of historical photos.
Our history is rich in interesting moments that can remain in the past forever. However, thanks to such an amazing invention as the camera, future generations can see how their ancestors lived, what happened on their land, what was the fashion, etc.
These black-and-white vintage photos will show you different moments from the past — petty and important, funny and sad, interesting and maybe not so much. But all of them were made there, in the distant and not very distant past, which is now available to us only from photos and memories.
1. Visitors to a London pub, 1898
2. Physical exercises in the school yard, 1900. England
3. Bicycle track, 1901
4. Bondi Bay, Australia, 1901
5. San Francisco City Hall and Theater after the massive earthquake, 1906
6. The Painters of the Brooklyn Bridge, 1914
7. Women on ice delivery
8. A boy selling newspapers with a sensation about the death of the Titanic»
9. Manhattan, New York, 1908
10. Nikola Tesla in his laboratory
11. Circus performer in harness with a hippopotamus, 1924
12. Walt Disney Employee Cafe, 1961
13. The real Ronald McDonald, 1963
14. Elton John plays the piano in his private jet, 1973
15. Elvis Presley worries about a failed performance, 1956
16. Elvis the Soldier
17. Marilyn Monroe, the Ambassador Hotel, 1955
18. Jimi Hendrix and his girlfriend, 1968
19. Woodstock, 1969
20. Sweden in 1967. Morning of the first day of the transition from left-hand traffic to right-hand traffic
21. Barack Obama with his basketball team
22. Elijah Wood and Macaulay Culkin, 1993
23. 1936, Germany. The person who didn't "zig-zag"»
24. Henry Ford (founder of Ford Motor Co.), Thomas Edison (inventor of the phonograph, camera, and light bulb), Warren G. Harding (29th President of the United States), and Garvey Samuel Firestone (founder of Firestone Tire and Rubber Co.) at a picnic
Keywords: History | Archive | Historical photosPost News Article
There are thousands of great artists, but few of them push the viewer to think about life, society, the future. Joey Guidon is a ...
Surely everyone in certain periods notices for a thrust to any one product, which possibly has never had a special love. Although ...
Photographer Nicholas Nepper is a big fan of cinema. He created an unusual and humorous series of pictures, capturing toy copies of ...
The first half of the 70‑ies of the last Soviet schoolchildren under the sign of gum. Imported, of course, because domestic had ...
For some reason, we believe that before the sexual revolution of the 1960s, sex was considered something obscene and those who were ...
In the Land of the Rising Sun, since ancient times, there have been many professional courtesans-geisha, and prostitutes-oiran, ...