What does a person who has not washed for 60 years look likePictolic
This 80-year-old man named Amu Haji looks like a troll or maybe some dark creature from The Lord of the Rings. His skin is covered with scales of peeling dirt, his eyes are almost invisible, and the stench from him is felt a mile away. The reason is simple, and it's not about a skin disease or some terrible ailment — it's just that this man hasn't washed for the last 60 years!
1. It's hard to believe that the photo shows human hands. More like elephant skin.
2. Meet this Iranian tramp Amu Haji, who was born back in 1934, and is known for not having washed for more than 60 years.
3. This old tramp lives on the outskirts of the small Iranian village of Dezhga in the province of Fars. And he doesn't have a name as such, just a nickname: Amu is translated from the Farsi language as "good man", and Hajji is an honorary title of a Muslim who has performed Hajj.
4. Amu leads a very primitive lifestyle, and his main treasure is a metal water pipe from which he smokes ... manure.
5. A curious photographer treated the tramp to cigarettes, which he immediately decided to smoke a bunch.
6. He lives in a dugout hole in the south of the country. In winter, when it gets really cold in his dwelling, he moves into a brick shack that the residents of the local village built for the old man.
7. Most of the time he spends not moving from his place - sleeping or quietly basking in the sun.
The Iranian stopped washing in his youth. Amu says that he refused to perform hygienic procedures due to emotional failures and psychological traumas. Now the man is afraid of water. He is sure that he will get sick immediately after washing his hands or washing his face. Amu doesn't even want to hear about the bathhouse, he doesn't even want to hear about tap water.
"People offered me to wash in their houses several times, but, fortunately, I always managed to escape," Amu Haji shared his joy.
9. Amu tries on an old helmet. Where he got such a strange love for dirt is an open question, many are sure that psychotherapists could answer it. Of course, Amu Hadji does not intend to seek psychological help and will not, and he himself is quite satisfied with the chosen lifestyle.
10. The old man basically does not eat fresh food and does not drink clean water. He prefers to eat rotten meat, and use an unwashed oil tank for several years as a water container. The Amu feeds on the corpses of animals, most often porcupines, which it bakes in a fire. Sometimes it is fed by locals. Amu drinks at least five liters of water a day.
11. The smelliest man in the world is not married, but is in search of a companion. For the sake of success in his personal life, Amu Haji wants to be attractive and looks after himself. To find out what he looks like, he looks in the rearview mirrors of cars and when he thinks that his beard and hair are too long, he makes himself a new hairstyle – sets fire to the excess. The Iranian wears the clothes that the residents of the neighboring village bring, and even wears a helmet in the frosty winter months.
12. One might think that Amu is unhappy, but this is far from the case. Amu does not think about overdue utility bills, he does not worry that someone will steal his things, he does not think what will happen tomorrow. He feels happy, despite the lack of property and normal housing.