The 7 Strangest Overdose Cases

The 7 Strangest Overdose Cases

Categories: Health and Medicine

Not drugs and alcohol, which, as is known, in excessive quantities can be dangerous to health and even to life. Few, however, know that you can die by drinking too much water or... soy sauce. Read the strangest overdose cases that have happened to real people.

The 7 Strangest Overdose Cases

The 7 Strangest Overdose Cases

This incident occurred in Santa Barbara in the USA. The man was found dead in his car, in which paper bags and about 100 small containers with nitrogen oxide, which is known as laughing gas, were also found. It is unknown whether the man died as a result of an accident or chose such an unusual method of suicide.

The 7 Strangest Overdose Cases

A 19-year-old boy with unusual poisoning was taken to a hospital in Virginia. As it turned out, he drank a whole bottle of soy sauce on a bet. Such a large amount of salt in the body caused neurological problems, as a result of which the guy fell into a coma for three days.

The 7 Strangest Overdose Cases

An overdose of caffeine with the traditional use of coffee or energy drinks is possible only in cases when a person drinks them in huge quantities - several dozen cups. However, in 2010, Briton Michael Lee Bedford died due to excessive caffeine in the blood. How did this happen? The man swallowed about two teaspoons of pure caffeine, purchased by him on the Internet, despite the fact that there was a warning on the package about the maximum allowable dose, which is 1/16 teaspoon. The amount of caffeine that got into Bedford's body corresponded to 70 cans of energy drinks consumed.

The 7 Strangest Overdose Cases

In the USA, this high-profile case was discussed in all the media. A 47-year-old woman from Detroit has been drinking a large teapot of tea every day for more than ten years, which was brewed from at least 10 tea bags. As it turned out, the woman thus earned skeletal fluorosis — a disease that was caused by the fact that too much fluoride got into the body along with strong tea. Symptoms of fluorosis are joint pain and increased bone fragility.

The 7 Strangest Overdose Cases

In February 2010, New Zealander Natasha Harris died in her apartment, and at first no one could understand why this happened. As it turned out later, the woman had been drinking several liters of Cola a day for more than ten years, which led to the deterioration of her body. This sweet drink caused her arrhythmia, which eventually killed her.

The 7 Strangest Overdose Cases

It may seem absurd, but you can die from an overdose of water. Such a case occurred with Jennifer Lee Strange, who died in 2007 after drinking several liters of water too quickly in a row. Excess water is dangerous because it leads to dilution of electrolytes in the blood, which can lead to brain death.

The 7 Strangest Overdose Cases

Such stories, as a rule, at first cause laughter, but an overdose of viagra can be deadly. Such a case occurred in 2009 with Sergey Tuganov , a mechanic from Russia, who died after drinking a whole pack of Viagra. Death probably occurred as a result of a heart attack.

Keywords: Poisoning | Overdose | Accident | Strange | Poison

Recent articles

Bury Dinghy with my grandmother. The Japanese tradition of burial of Pets shocking
Bury Dinghy with my grandmother. The Japanese tradition of ...

If you say in Japanese, the phrase "buried like a dog", then it is likely you will misunderstand. The fact that the Country of the ...

15 most impressive images from the "Best Wildlife Photographer 2019" contest
15 most impressive images from the "Best Wildlife ...

The world of wildlife is amazing and unpredictable, full of adventures and emotions that cannot be expressed in words, but can be ...

Earnings with a smell: a student receives money and expensive gifts from a man for pictures of her feet
Earnings with a smell: a student receives money and expensive ...

Students often do not have enough money, so they have to earn extra money. This girl has found an unusual but lucrative way to get ...

Related articles

From a clean slate: a woman forgot her husband after the accident, but fell in love again and married him
From a clean slate: a woman forgot her husband after the ...

Memory loss is one of the irreversible consequences of injuries. A mother of four children from New Zealand got into a terrible ...

Accidents on the set of films that make your blood run cold
Accidents on the set of films that make your blood run cold

Most people associate film sets with bohemia, celebrities, and the beautiful life of Hollywood. Nevertheless, often during the ...

The Kiss of Death, or The story of one photo taken minutes before the tragedy
The Kiss of Death, or The story of one photo taken minutes ...

In 1957, the picture, called " The Kiss of Death "("Il Bacio della Morte"), flew around the world. In the photo, actress Linda ...