Looked like the fitness of the early twentieth centuryPictolic
Despite the fact that fitness, shaping and other programs to improve the figures became popular only in the last decade, the desire to look attractive in the eyes of men was peculiar to women for centuries. These photos are a century or almost a century ago — a clear proof of that. We offer you to look at how women tried to get in shape at the beginning of the last century.
1. Woman with dumbbells. 1909.
2. Wooden treadmills. 1920-ies
3. The woman on the ground in recent history simulator Gustav Zander. The end of the 19th century.
4. Treadmill. 1934.
5. Innovative trainer. 1930.
6. Girls are trained in one of the British colleges. 1933.
7. Vibrating the Berlin Institute, Zander. 1928.
8. 83-year-old Mrs Ackland deals with your instructor at the gym. 1961.
9. The girl demonstrates the operation of the simulator for players from the Arsenal team, London 1932.
10. Exercises that Housewives are encouraged to do while tucked bed. 1935.
11. Women on exercise bikes in the gym aboard the liner Homeric in 1922.
12. Girls involved in the gym under the supervision of an instructor. Photo made on Board the ship Duchess Edforsa in 1931.
13. The simulator simulates rowing. Circa 1920.
14. Physical exercise in the backyard the girls ' school. 1905.
15. Bike. 1930.
16. Gym. 1920-ies.
17. "For 20 minutes every morning," actress Helene Chadwick demonstrates how she supports herself in shape.
18. Famous passengers of the Titanic on exercise bikes.
19. The "rowing" machine. 1928
20. Specially fixture "break the fat" in a new York gym. 1930.
21. In 1928, the year the famous American attraction "bucking bull" was used as a trainer in one of the halls of California.