Hostage taking in Sydney
Categories: NewsBy Pictolic https://pictolic.com/article/hostage-taking-in-sydney
On Monday morning, an armed man took over a Lindt cafe in central Sydney, taking more than a dozen people hostage. According to local media, negotiations are underway with the invader (there may be several of them). Five hostages, who were in the captured cafe, managed to leave the premises. The exact number of remaining hostages is still unknown. The hostages got in touch with the authorities and conveyed the demands of the invader. He wants to speak with Prime Minister Tony Abbott and demands that an Islamic State flag be delivered to the cafe. According to the Australian prime minister, what is happening in the Sydney cafe is a politically motivated action.
(Total 13 photos)
1. People look towards the Lindt cafe, where the hostage-taking drama unfolds, December 15, 2014, Sydney. (© Reuters)
2. An unidentified person is seen inside the Lindt Cafe, where hostages are currently being held, December 15, 2014.
3. A hostage with her hands raised runs towards the police after she managed to leave the cafe where the hostages were taken, December 15, 2014, Sydney. (© Reuters)
4. (© Reuters)
5. A police officer (left) walks up to a cafe where hostages are being held on December 15, 2014 in Sydney. (© Reuters)
6. The police stop a man who is trying to get to the building next to the cafe where the hostages are being held. (© Reuters)
7. A hostage runs towards the police after she managed to leave the cafe where the hostages were taken, December 15, 2014, Sydney. (© AP)
8. (© AP)
9. A hostage runs towards the police after she managed to leave the cafe where the hostages were taken, December 15, 2014, Sydney. (© AP)
10. Police officers near a cafe where an unknown person is holding hostages, December 15, 2014, Sydney, Australia. (© AP)
11. People (presumably hostages) put a black flag with an Arabic inscription to the window of a cafe, December 15, 2014, Sydney. (© AP)
12. Police near a cafe in Sydney, where hostages are taken, December 15, 2014. (© Reuters)
13. Police evacuate people from buildings near a cafe in Sydney, where hostages were taken. (© AP)
Keywords: Australia | Hostages | SydneyPost News Article
Film production is such a mysterious industry that it never ceases to amaze people from less creative fields. We share amazing ...
Once upon a time, hygiene was not treated as scrupulously as it is now. However, this does not apply to all ethnic groups, but only ...
In the 30s of the last century, the world was shocked by the tragedy that occurred at one of the factories in the United States. At ...
Melanesia is an island group in the Pacific Ocean, which includes New Guinea, Fiji, Vanuatu and other States. The archipelago of ...
A new family photo project, Cardboard Box Office, is gaining popularity on the web day by day: a young couple from Australia, Lily ...
The Vivid Sydney annual light festival kicked off in Sydney on Friday, where the world's best lighting designers turn the city ...