In some European cities you can see a strange picture: the neat strips of lawn goes a real tram! And it's not shooting a fantastic film about a bright future, and not a sick fantasy of some Amateur photoshop. Today's technology does allow us to make the transport system such that when you look at it there was a sense of pride.
1. Green tramways in Europe began with the 1980s.
2. The practical effect of the implementation of such decision the inhabitants of the cities felt immediately. In the cities became less hot, dusty and noisy, and the volume of runoff decreased markedly.
3. On the photo: Green tramways in nice, France.
4. Furthermore, additional areas of the city occupied by lawns have a positive impact on the biodiversity of the urban environment, as green grass is the habitat of some insect species.
5. On the photo: Green tramways in Lyon, France
7. Landscaping has several functions - the removal of storm water, absorption of noise, reduction of environmental pollution.
8. Green path have proliferated in cities such as Barcelona, Frankfurt, Milan, St-Etienne, Strasbourg and Warsaw.
11. On the photo: Green tramways in Strasbourg, France
14. On the photo: Green tram tracks in Freiburg in Breisgau, Germany.
16. It is difficult not to agree with the view expressed in one of the issues of the magazine Monocle (Monocle): "There is something magical in watching trams in Barcelona, Strasbourg or Frankfurt glide silently over the strips of grass. In those places where it is possible, take this attractive combination of efficient public transport spiritualized landscape architecture as a standard for urban planning".