Ah, grandmothers. This word is often associated with love, hugs and delicious food. No matter whether your grandmother's cooking, what matters is the memories of visiting her house. Italian photographer Gabrielle Galimberti interested in these memories and wanted to know more about the different grandmothers around the world and their cooking. So he went to travel the world and take pictures of grandmothers from different countries along with their "specialities".
"Delicatessen with love" is a project in honor of all grandmothers, who demonstrate their love their grandchildren with the help of food. You can only tenderly smile looking at these photos in which the proud grandma showcase their specialties. So, meet, grandmothers from different countries and their signature concoction.
1. Castiglion Fiorentino, Italy. Grandma: Marisa Batini, 80. Dish: ravioli with leaf beet and ricotta.
2. Mumbai, India. Grandma: grace Estibeiro, 82. Dish: chicken vindaloo.
3. Homer, Alaska, USA. Grandma: Susan Soresen, 81. Dish: steak moose.
4. Jakarta, Indonesia. Grandma: These Rumiati, 63. Food: Soto betawi (beef soup with coconut and vegetables).
5. Stockholm, Sweden. Babuka: Brigitta Fransson, 70 years. Food: intact-Lux‑a (cold boiled salmon and vegetables).
6. Massa, Morocco. Grandma: eya Banks, 62. Dish: chicken tagine.
7. Veracruz, Mexico. Grandma: Laura RONS Herrera, 81. The dish: a vegetable tamale.
8. Victoria Falls, Zimbabwe. Grandma: Flater Ncube, 52. Dish: orchard beyond (white maize meal) and gourd leaves, scalded in the peanut butter.
9. Kekava, Latvia. Grandma: Inara, Rotule, 68 years old. Dish: Silke (herring with potatoes and cottage cheese).
10. Kalulushi, Zambia. Grandma: Joyce Mwape, 49 years old. Dish: incoco nama (roasted chicken with spices).
11. Bangkok, Thailand. Grandma: Boonlom Thongor, 69. Dish: Kai Yat SAI (stuffed omelette).
12. Whitehorse, Canada. Grandma: Katie O'donovan, ' 64. Dish: "bison under the midnight sun".
13. Istanbul, Turkey. Grandma: Ayten Okgu of 76 years. Dish: karniyarik (stuffed eggplant with meat and vegetables).
14. Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia. Grandmother: Thilaga of Vathi, 55 years old. Dish: nasi lemak (coconut rice with vegetables and fried without oil anchovies).
15. Bububu, Zanzibar. Grandma: Mirage Moussa Char, 56 years old. Dish: get Musina mbogamboga (rice, fish and vegetables in mango sauce).
16. El Nido, Philippines. Grandma: Carmen Alora 70 years. Dish: kinunot (shark in coconut soup).