Betty Brosmer is the owner of the most gorgeous figure of the 50sBy Pictolic https://pictolic.com/en/article/betty-brosmer-is-the-owner-of-the-most-gorgeous-figure-of-the-50s
Betty Brosmer is the first beauty of the late 40s and 50s, the cover star and the prototype of pin-up girls.
She started at the age of 13, won more than 50 beauty contests, was featured on more than 300 covers, in more than a hundred calendars, on billboards across the country, was the highest paid model.
Back in the early 80s, I bought a simulator abroad, where there was a photo of her with Schwarzenegger, then a bodybuilding champion, and I was amazed at her figure — such shapes with an unusually narrow waist.
Many of the American supermodels breathed a sigh of relief. Betty Brosmer, who did not know competition, was leaving the modeling business, and not to rest, but to devote herself wholeheartedly to the propaganda of Joe Vader's sports theory. From now on, her work clothes become a sports bikini.
It is difficult to judge how much this event influenced the development of bodybuilding on a global scale, but the fact that Betty became a generator of sports ideas is undeniable. Her appearance in the life of Joe Vader is associated with the promotion of female bodybuilding and fitness. Naturally, the first model of the "Coach of Champions" was his wife.
They have lived together all their lives and have written many books about bodybuilding and fitness. In 1981, Betty and Joe released the Vader Bodybuilding Book for Women, and Betty still writes columns on these topics.
Joe Vader died in 2013, and Betty is alive and looks great. The years passed by her. She remained a star, drowning in the arms of the most muscular men on the planet.
The beginning, the stars of the 50s:
1. The predecessor of such stars as Marilyn Monroe and Jayne Mansfield.
2. Parameters: 38-18-36 (in inches), in centimeters: 96,52 — 45,72 — 91,44 . He has the title of "The most gorgeous body of the 50s", which is not surprising — the 48th chest size with a waist of 45 cm (in some sources - 21 inches = 53.34 centimeters) is just a phenomenal figure! I don't think she had her ribs removed when she was 13.
3. Betty was born on August 2, 1935.
4. At the end of the 40s, Sears magazine was released & Roebuck, on the cover of which the future sex symbol of America appears for the first time.
5. After that, to the office of the Conover advertising agency, where a 13-year-old (!) Betty, an incredible number of orders began to arrive for brochures, posters, covers and food packaging with one condition — the image of a young beauty had to be present on everything.
6. There are currently more than 150 magazines with her photos alone.
7. As soon as Betty turned 16, the most prestigious titles that the beauties of the 50s could receive became a magnet for the Californian model: "Miss Television", "Miss Jones Beach", "Miss Figure" and "Miss Blue Eyes".
10. She managed to win over 50 beauty contests. Her images regularly appeared in magazine advertisements, in trade catalogs, on milk cartons and roadside billboards. In one month, her photos were printed on the covers of eight national magazines at once! She managed to become an uncrowned queen in the world of magazine covers.
11. Betty Brosmer became the first model who had the rights to all her photos — she received interest every time her photo was published.
14. Marilyn Monroe became a commercial phenomenon after 1955. Since 1948 and throughout the 50s, Betty has been the standard of female beauty. It was she who played the main role in the development of pin-up, creating the image of a playful little girl. Her long-term success has prepared viewers for the stellar start of Marilyn Monroe.
15. By that time, Betty had become the most printed model in America, and the appearance on the covers of prestigious men's magazines "Modern Man", "Cabaret" and "Day and Night" gave her the status of a sex symbol.
16. On April 24, 1961, 26-year-old Betty marries the famous bodybuilder and bodybuilder, co-founder of the International Bodybuilding Association, creator of the Mr. and Miss Olympia contests Joe Vader and takes her husband's last name.
17. Her legendarily narrow waist attracted the eyes of readers of her husband's publications. Then there were only two magazines: Muscle Builder Power and Mr. America (today there are dozens of publications all over the planet).
18. An easily recognizable beautiful face has become an emblem for sports competitions held by the Vader brothers.
19. They write that it was she who invited her husband to take a closer look at the Austrian champion - Arnold Schwarzenegger. Thanks to her, the Terminator was settled in the house next to the Vader cottage. It was she who pushed him onto the movie screen. It was Betty who developed his talent for business: in the 70s, they were actively engaged in real estate trading together. Huge sales of Power Exerciser are caused by the fact that the new product was advertised by the Arnold Schwarzenegger — Betty Vader couple. She didn't get off his hands on the beach shoot.
20. June 11, 1998
55. Joe and Betty, 45 years since their wedding.
56. At the moment, Betty publishes the Shape sports magazine for women, writes a column in the famous "Strength and Beauty", and is also a member of the Olympic Committee for Physical Perfection.
58. Bush Sr. and Schwarzenegger
59. Bill Clinton
60. Clint Eastwood
61. Brooke Shields
62. Marilyn Monroe
63. Jane Mansfield, the prototype of the doll Barbie