22 images from the life of Osama bin Laden and his familyBy Pictolic https://pictolic.com/en/article/22-images-from-the-life-of-osama-bin-laden-and-his-family
On May 2, 2011, the CIA claimed that Osama bin Laden, the leader of the Islamic terrorist organization Al — Qaeda, was killed. He was recognized as the # 1 terrorist in the United States and other countries.
In this collection, you will see very different photos of Osama bin Laden and his relatives. In these pictures, you will see Osama as a teenager, Osama as a loving father, Osama as a soulmate, and finally Osama as the leader of Al-Qaeda.
1. Osama bin Laden (second from right) during a visit to the Swedish city of Falun in 1971. The photo shows several local residents, including Christina and Lars Akelblad, who owned the Astoria Hotel, where Osama and his brother Salem stayed during one of their trips to Sweden in 1971. 23 members of the wealthy bin Laden family visited Falun, and one of the older brothers held a business meeting at a Volvo company. Osama was remembered then as a calm, reserved 16-year-old boy, who did not stand out from the general crowd.
2. 1978: Osama bin Laden sits in a cave in the Jalalabad area of Afghanistan. It was then that he first took up arms.
3. 1980s: Osama bin Laden with the Afghans in the Jalalabad area during the war against the Soviet forces. Osama fought in this war for almost a decade.
4. 1989: Osama (right) in Afghanistan.
6. 1989: Osama during the war.
7. 1989: Osama (right) in Afghanistan.
8. 1989: Osama bin Laden in Afghanistan during the war.
10. Osama bin Laden in Afghanistan in the 80s.
11. Osama bin Laden over a map of Afghanistan in 1998.
12. Osama bin Laden meets with a group of reporters in the mountains of the southern Afghan province of Helmand on December 24, 1998. Bin Laden was later implicated in a series of terrorist attacks, including the 1993 World Trade Center bombing in New York, the 1995 car bomb attack in Riyadh, the Saudi capital, the 1996 truck bombing of a Saudi barracks that killed 19 American soldiers, and the 1998 attack on the American embassies in Kenya and Tanzania.
13. Osama bin Laden during the shooting in 2001.
14. The attention of the entire world community was focused on the personality of Osama bin Laden after the attacks on the WTC and the Pentagon on September 11, which killed about three thousand people. The picture shows a frame from the program of the Al-Jazeera TV channel, which was shown on the second anniversary of the tragedy of September 11.
15. An undated frame from a video that was shown in 2007. In this video, Osama talks about the importance of jihad and praises the martyrs who died in the name of Allah. Osama is believed to have crossed the Pakistani border after American and British forces launched an offensive in Afghanistan in late 2001.
16. Osama bin Laden and his son Ali, who was 10 years old at the time.
17. Omar bin Laden, the 26-year-old son of Al-Qaeda leader Osama bin Laden, with his wife Jane Felix-Brown before airing on Italian television in 2008.
18. Osama bin Laden's son, Hamza bin Laden, in an undated video taken during an al-Qaeda exercise.
19. Abdullah bin Laden, the eldest son of Osama bin Laden, during an interview in Riyadh in 2001.
20. An image of a possible change with the age of Osama bin Laden, which was published by the US State Department and the FBI in January 2010.
21. Osama bin Laden sits on the floor with his AK-47 in a shelter in Afghanistan, November 2001.
22. Osama bin Laden was killed on May 2, 2011, in a mansion in the city of Abbottabad, 50 km from Islamabad, as a result of a joint 4‑hour operation by American and Pakistani special forces. This was stated on the air of the state TV channel by the head of the Pakistani intelligence service, Ahmed Pasha.