Want to feel like Dracula? - buy his castle!By Angela https://pictolic.com/article/want-to-feel-like-dracula-buy-his-castle.html
1. The castle is located among the forests, on white rocks. Its construction began in 1377 and was completed 11 years later. The building has 57 rooms and covers an area of 22 acres.
2. Now the castle houses a historical museum. It is believed that annually, it is visited by about 500 thousand tourists.
3. In 1920, the castle was donated to the Romanian Queen Maria Coburg and has since served as a summer residence. In May 2006, the castle was returned to Dominic Habsburg, an architect from North Salem, New York, son of Princess Ileana.
4. A few years ago, Habsburg, the heir of the Romanian monarchs, wanted to sell the castle to the state. Then he asked for a price of 80 million dollars, but this offer did not arouse a reciprocal interest from the Romanian authorities.
5. Now, several years later, it is believed that this property may be worth about $130 million, although the official price has not been named.
6. Interestingly, there is no direct evidence that the author of the famous novel "Dracula" - Irish writer Bram Stoker, personally visited Bran Castle.
7. In all likelihood, he was inspired by similar views of the castle from the photographs and paintings available to him.