The story of the rescue of a wounded squirrel
Categories: AnimalsBy Pictolic https://pictolic.com/article/the-story-of-the-rescue-of-a-wounded-squirrel.html
One of the users of social networks named Priami shared a touching story of rescuing a tiny squirrel. His grandmother found the baby on the road - he seemed dead, but when she wanted to remove him away from the roadway, the squirrel showed signs of life. So Priami has a new friend. At first they wanted to get him out and set him free, but it soon turned out that the baby was blind in one eye and was unlikely to survive in the wild. This is how a baby squirrel named Arttu found a new home and a loving family, where he lived from 2007 to 2013.
(Total 20 photos)
1. The baby was found wounded on the side of the road.
2. “When we thought he had recovered, we tried to release him, but he fell from a tree and hit a stone.”
3. "He survived, but it turned out that one of his eyes could not see anything, and on his own he would not survive in the wild."
4. "His name is Arttu (Finnish version of Arthur)."
5. "We were surprised how tame it became."
8. “He liked to fight pretend with our fingers (you know, like cats) and he was smart enough not to bite too hard.”
10. "He also liked to sleep in our pockets."
11. "He even recognized his 'family' and got a little worried when strangers showed up around him."
13. "We fed him nuts, fruits, berries and mushrooms."
14. Even when they let him go, he always came back. "He liked to sit in the tree for a bit and then jump on my shoulder again."
16. “Squirrel claws are constantly growing, so we had to cut them periodically because they didn’t wear out naturally.”
17. In this photo, the flash revealed his healthy eye in all its glory ...
18. ... and this little eye remained blind.
19. “He died of old age. One morning I just found him dead - curled up in a ball in his house, as if he was just sleeping.
20. "We gave the other squirrels all the food we stocked up for him in advance." Well, it seems that the baby squirrel lived a happy life in a caring Finnish family!