Rare photos of Marilyn Monroe in New York
Categories: CelebritiesBy Pictolic https://pictolic.com/article/rare-photos-of-marilyn-monroe-in-new-york
In early 1955, 29-year-old Marilyn Monroe left Hollywood on the advice of her mentor Lee Strasberg and traveled to New York to free herself from her contract with Twentieth Century Fox and her "stupid blonde" image. In New York, Marilyn settled into a suite at the Ambassador Hotel and founded Marilyn Monroe Productions with photographer and friend Milton Green. Both Milton and Marilyn herself agreed that the image of the actress needs to be revised if she wants to appear serious in the future. Milton commissioned a photography project with Redbook magazine in the hope that they would publish pictures of the "real Marilyn". For one week, magazine photographer Ed Feingersh followed Marilyn Monroe everywhere in New York, taking these photos.
(Total 32 photos)
1. Marilyn enters the Elizabeth Ardenne beauty salon on Fifth Avenue.
2. Unlike most past photos, Marilyn agreed to shoot without makeup and styling.
4. Leaving the salon.
5. An iconic photo of Marilyn on the balcony of her suite at the Ambassador Hotel.
8. Marilyn examines comics on the wall by the famous journalist "The New Yorker" and cartoonist James Thurber. The Costello restaurant on 44th Street.
9. During a conversation with Redbook editor Robert Stein at the Costello restaurant.
10. Wearing a bathrobe at the Ambassador Hotel in your room.
11. Marilyn puts on lipstick for the premiere of Tennessee Williams' Cat on a Hot Tin Roof.
12. Wanting to impress, Marilyn wore a tight gold dress with a large slit.
13. Iconic photo: Marilyn puts on Chanel No. 5 perfume.
15. A sly smile in a restaurant after the premiere.
16. Tired, Marilyn lay down for a while in the hotel lobby.
17. A rare shot of Marilyn Monroe, where you can see her fragility and vulnerability.
18. On the way to the subway, Marilyn bought the New York Post newspaper.
19. Waiting for a train at the Central Station.
22. Secret ride on the subway.
23. Marilyn and Milton Green.
24. Marilyn is preparing for a charity performance by the Ringling Brothers and Barnum & Bailey circus at Madison Square Garden.
27. As part of a charity performance, Marilyn agreed to ride a pink elephant.
28. She got mad when her outfit didn't fit her...
29. ... and then burst into tears.
30. But in the end everything worked out.
31. Marilyn effectively appeared before the audience riding an elephant.
32. Ed Feingersh's photographs of Marilyn Monroe were published in Redbook magazine in July 1955. Although he took some of the most iconic photos of her, the two never worked together again.
Keywords: Marilyn Monroe | New YorkPost News Article
The first half of the 70‑ies of the last Soviet schoolchildren under the sign of gum. Imported, of course, because domestic had ...
Polish photographer and traveler Adam Goat presented an ambitious project about the residents ischezaushei tribes. Traveling the ...
There are many beautiful women, but not everyone gets a chance to see Iya Ostergren - a girl with an amazing body and long legs. ...
Post - it stickers protect the world from chaos. Without them, no one would remember anything. No one could turn the walls of their ...
For decades, Marilyn Monroe has been the epitome of beauty and grace. This woman is the standard of attractiveness, and many women, ...
Watch a selection of rare archival footage of the XX century stars posing with their moms. Looked like her Marilyn Monroe, ...