How pizza is served in different countries of the world
Categories: Food and DrinksBy Pictolic https://pictolic.com/article/how-pizza-is-served-in-different-countries-of-the-world.html
One of the best components of any trip around the world is the opportunity to taste the delicacies and culinary delights of different countries. Pizza is one of the delicacies that many people love. And it seems that every country has its own version of pizza. However, this may not be the typical pizza with tomatoes, cheese and ham that you are used to.
From the traditional "Margarita" from Naples to sweet banana pizza in Sweden-we offer you types of pizza that you can try in different countries of the world.
1. In Naples, pizza is taken very seriously — so much so that there is a special organization called Associazione Verace Pizza Napoletana, dedicated to preserving the true taste and appearance of pizza. According to the rules, the pizza base can not be thicker than 2 mm, and the dish itself is baked for 60-90 seconds in a stone oven on oak wood at a temperature of 485 °C. Classic Neapolitan pizzas have a soft crust and are usually sprinkled with tomatoes, mozzarella, fresh basil and garlic.
2. In Brazil, the usual ingredients of pizza are ham, cheese, corn, green peas and the core of palm stalks.
3. In New Haven, Connecticut, USA, pizza (or apizza) is cooked in a hot oven so that its thin crust is more crispy. The composition includes cheese and "white clam pie", which was invented by Frank Pip from the pizzeria "Neapoletana": the clams are fried in olive oil and oregano, grated cheese and chopped garlic are added to them.
4. "Tart flambe" is an Alsatian form of pizza, consisting of a dough with a very thin crust, which is covered with sour cream, and then thinly sliced onions and lard are added. This pizza is prepared in a wood-burning oven, and it turns out very crispy and spicy.
5. In Finland, Berlusconi pizza is made from smoked venison, tomatoes, cheese, chanterelles and red onions. The pizza got its name in 2008, after Italian Prime Minister Silvio Berlusconi criticized Finnish cuisine. At the same time, in the same year, this recipe became the winner of the International Pizza competition in America, which was held in New York.
6. In Korea, you should try the Pulkogi pizza, which is made from the Korean dish of the same name — fried pickled beef, as well as tomato sauce, cheese and fillers such as mushrooms, bell peppers and kimchi. All these products give a sweet and salty combination that harmonizes well with the sour taste of kimchi.
7. Chicago, Illinois, is famous for its deep pizza, which is baked in a special round dish and filled with cheese and tomato sauce with tomato slices.
8. In India, popular pizza ingredients are pickled ginger, chopped lamb and Indian cheese, known as paneer.
9. Pizza in New York is characterized by a lush crust on the outside, while the pizza base becomes thinner and crisper in the middle. Cooks roll out the dough with their hands and cook pizza on stones, not in a frying pan.
10. In France, fried eggs are usually either baked directly on pizza, or fried, and then spread on pizza.
11. There are many interesting pizzas in Sweden, including banana curry, which is prepared using smoked ham, curry and ripe bananas.
12. In Scotland, you can find "Haggis" in pizza — a meat dish that is made from the heart, liver and lungs of a sheep, and then mixed with onions, oatmeal, bacon, spices and salt. After that, add the broth. "Haggis" has a "nutty" texture and a sharp taste.
13. There are many meat fillers for pizza in Australia, including kangaroo, emu and crocodile meat.
14. "Mayo dzaga" is one of the types of pizza that can be found in Japan. It is made from tomato sauce, onions, corn, potatoes, pancetta, paprika and mayonnaise.
15. Pizza in Detroit is a square pie with a thick deep crust. The dough is baked twice in a well-oiled frying pan to get a crispy texture, and the ingredients are usually pepperoni, olives and marinara sauce.
16. "Tunfish", or pizza with tuna, is especially popular in Germany. It usually includes tuna, tomato sauce, peppers, onions, cheese and oregano.
17. In Argentina, "Fugazza" is a popular pizza with sweet onions and spices. Marinara sauce is not added to it here. Another variety — "Fugazetta" - is a pizza on a double dough with mozzarella and sweet onions.
18. Hawaiian pizza differs from others by an interesting combination of pineapple with ham. They say it was invented in Ontario, Canada, in 1962. You can also find versions with different types of pepper, mushrooms and Canadian bacon.
19. In Pakistan, chicken " Tikka — - chicken seasoned with chili pepper-is a popular ingredient for sausage-based pizza.
20. Frozen pizza is an unusual kind of this dish, when the finished pizza from the freezer is deep-fried, very tasty and popular in such Scottish cities as Glasgow and Fife.
21. In Sweden, kebab pizza includes meat, yogurt sauce, various pickled vegetables and sometimes lettuce.