'Man without a face' marries after transplant
Categories: WorldBy Pictolic https://pictolic.com/article/39man-without-a-face39-marries-after-transplant.html
On Saturday, March 30, two hearts in love tied their lives together. Dallas Vince, the first American to undergo a full face transplant, married Jamie Nash, a car accident victim. The couple got engaged last fall at a fire victims support group meeting at a Dallas hospital. Recall that Vince lost his face after the elevator he controlled caught power lines.
(Total 7 photos)
1. American Dallas Vince, left without a face due to an accident, married a patient of the hospital in which they were both treated.
More than 200 people attended the wedding of Jamie and Dallas on March 30. Among the guests of honor were doctors and nurses, who both came out at the most difficult time for them.
2. Texas resident Dallas Vince is the first patient in the US to receive a full face transplant from a donor.
See more of Dallas' history in The Man Without a Face
3. On Saturday, March 30, two years after the operation, 27-year-old Dallas married Jamie Nash, whom he met in the hospital.
4. In the same medical institution where Vince had a face transplant, there was also his future bride and wife. 29-year-old Jamie from Texas was in a car accident and suffered burns to 70% of her body.
5. Young people met in the classroom in a group of psychological assistance. According to Nash, she immediately took a liking to Dallas. “I decided that I could never love another person again. I thought that for me this was a passed stage,” Vince shared in turn.
6. The relationship of the two patients began on the eve of the Catholic Christmas in 2011. Since then, the lovers have been inseparable and got engaged in the fall of 2012.
7. - We complement each other perfectly. I understand that he lost his sight, and my hands are burned ... but the feelings and desire to live as full-fledged people remained the same. This story is not about physical injury, but about hope and love. If we can find each other, then others can too. We all have a past, but we should not let it get in the way of our happiness, - shared the newly minted Mrs. Vince.