The amazing fairy-tale world of the mobile photo studio Maleonna
Categories: Photo projectBy Pictolic https://pictolic.com/article/the-amazing-fairy-tale-world-of-the-mobile-photo-studio-maleonna.html
Shanghai-based artist Maleonne traveled to about 25 Chinese provinces to photograph 200,000 people in his mobile photo studio, reminiscent of vintage traveling theaters.
(Total 10 photos)
1. Shanghai artist Ma Liang, who prefers to call himself Maleon, finally presented the results of his grandiose tour to the public.
2. Preparation for the project alone took seven months. So much time was needed to create many picturesque scenery, colorful costumes, collect unique props, purchase trucks and organize the stops of the mobile photo studio.
3. For 10 months, in a battered truck and minibus, he visited 35 cities in China, where he created 1,600 unique portraits of people in a fabulous, inimitable setting.
4. He developed a number of conditions necessary for work: first, at least eight people in the city must provide him and his team with food, housing and space to work.
5. Second, subjects can be filmed in Maleonne's costumes or their own, brought with them to his studio.
6. The subject may choose any guise they wish, from a tank driver to a Qin Dynasty scholar.
7. Maleonne embarked on the project after losing his studio in Weihai on Shanghai Road, home to an artist community evicted and dispersed by the government.
8. After completing a massive project in China, Maleonne suggests that his next road show could be in the UK, where he has friends.
9. The background to this project was the passion of the Shanghai artist to collect vintage photographs and documents, including posters, certificates, letters, receipts and boxes.
Keywords: ChinaPost News Article