10 very expensive planes that only billionaires can afford
Categories: Design and ArchitectureBy Pictolic https://pictolic.com/article/10-very-expensive-planes-that-only-billionaires-can-afford.html
Obviously, airplanes cannot be cheap, but some of them are estimated at exorbitant amounts at all: the reason for this may be the luxurious interior decoration or sophisticated technology, if we are talking about military equipment. Let's list ten such liners — from the lowest price to the maximum.
(13 photos in total)
Source: Rich & Richer
10. The $150 million Boeing 747-8 VIP belongs to Joseph Lau from Hong Kong and is notable for having a spiral staircase on it.
9. The owner of the Boeing 747-400, which costs $ 220 million, is the nephew of the King of Saudi Arabia, Prince al-Walid ibn Talal. The aircraft, purchased in the early 2000s, is equipped with two large bedrooms, a dining table for 14 people and a golden throne located in the center of the cabin.
8. E-2D Advanced Hawkey. This long-range radar surveillance aircraft for $ 232 million is used by the US Navy. The aircraft is equipped with modern scanning technology, which allows it to be used for tactical operations.
7. "Boeing-747-430" for $ 233 million. Another personalized aircraft on the list belongs to the Sultan of Brunei. Initially, the aircraft cost $ 100 million — the owner of the aircraft invested another $ 133 million in its improvement.
The Sultan placed a living room, a bedroom and a bathroom in the salon, using gold in the decoration of the rooms. The Sultan, whose fortune exceeds $40 billion, is known for a lavish lifestyle: he owns another plane, an Airbus 340, as well as 6,000 cars.
6. The P-8A Poseidon costs $290 million. This aircraft, developed by Boeing Defense, Space & Security, designed for maritime patrol.
5. The U.S. Air Force typically uses the C-17A Globemaster to transport cargo and troops, tactical missions, and drop cargo from aircraft.
4. F-22 Raptor, $350 million. This multi-purpose fighter of the fifth generation is considered the best combat aircraft in the world.
3. The Airbus A340-300 with a price of $ 350 million belongs to Alisher Usmanov, who is among the three richest people in Russia according to Forbes for 2016. This is the largest aircraft in the country.
Usmanov spent not only on the interior, but also on putting his father's name — Burkhan - on the liner's skin.
2. Airbus A380, 500 million dollars. Another plane of Saudi Prince al-Walid ibn Talal is the most expensive private plane on the list.
This luxury liner is nicknamed the "flying palace": it has several bedrooms with bathrooms, a dining room, a room for wellness treatments, a garage, a stable and a compartment for hawks. There are also prayer rooms on the plane: so that during the movement it is possible to determine exactly in which direction Mecca is, virtual prayer mats receive information from the aircraft positioning systems.
1. The inconspicuous B-2 Spirit strategic bomber costs $2.1 billion. It is designed to break through dense air defenses and can be used to deliver nuclear weapons. These bombers were used in both Afghanistan and Iraq. Initially, the US Air Force owned 21 such aircraft (and almost all of them are named after American states), but one of them crashed in 2008.