Photo comparison: 15 actors and the real people they played
As you know, among the main sources of inspiration for filmmakers are not only masterpieces of literature and earlier works of their colleagues in the shop. A huge layer of scenarios was based on historical events, cases from real life and biographies of famous or simply interesting people.
Recently, such a genre of cinema as a biopic has become especially popular. You don't need to look far for examples: only in the nomination "Best Film" of the last ceremony of the film award "Oscar" three biopics fought for the statuette. The Imitation Game is about British WWII cryptographer Alan Turing, played by Benedict Cumberbatch. Another film about a scientist is The Theory of Everything, in which the role of one of the greatest minds of our time, Stephen Hawking, was played by Eddie Redmayne. Drama Clint Eastwood's "Sniper" tells about the life of military Chris Kyle, starring Bradley Cooper. Another movie in the category, Selma, is based on a true story and also replete with famous characters such as Martin Luther King and US President Lyndon Johnson.
Domestic cinema is not far behind. One of the most sensational films of recent years was "Legend No. 17", in which Danila Kozlovsky played the icon of Russian hockey Valery Kharlamov. This year, Battalion appeared on the screens, the main character of which was one of the first Russian female officers, Maria Bochkareva, and Maria Aronova played this role.
If almost everyone knows some of the characters who have received a film incarnation, then others are mostly known for their appearance on the screens, which means they are associated with performing actors. At the same time, there is not always an external resemblance between them. "Rossiyskaya Gazeta" prepared a photo selection in which it compared real people, whose biographies were the basis of the plots of the films, and the actors who played in these films.
(Total 15 photos)Source: rg.ru
1. From left to right: actress Maria Aronova as the first female officer Maria Bochkareva in the film "Battalion"; commander of the women's "battalion of death" Maria Bochkareva.
2. From left to right: Mikhail Porechenkov as wrestler Ivan Poddubny in the film "Poddubny"; wrestler Ivan Poddubny.
3. From left to right: Boris Babochkin as Vasily Chapaev in the film "Chapaev"; commander of the Red Army, participant in the First World War and the Civil War Vasily Ivanovich Chapaev.
4. From left to right: Danila Kozlovsky as Valery Kharlamov in the film "Legend No. 17"; hockey player Valery Kharlamov.
5. From left to right: Yuri Yakovlev as Ivan the Terrible in the film "Ivan Vasilievich Changes Profession"; Ivan the Terrible in an 18th century painting.
6. From left to right: Vladimir Mashkov as Nicholas II in the film "Rasputin"; Emperor Nicholas II.
7. From left to right: Georgy Vitsin as Nikolai Vasilyevich Gogol in the film Composer Glinka; Russian prose writer, playwright, poet Nikolai Vasilyevich Gogol.
8. From left to right: Eddie Redmayne as Stephen Hawking in the movie "Stephen Hawking's Universe"; English theoretical physicist Stephen Hawking.
9. From left to right: Benedict Cumberbatch as Alan Turing in The Imitation Game; English mathematician, logician, cryptographer Alan Turing.
10. From left to right: Will Smith as Muhammad Ali in Ali; boxer Muhammad Ali.
11. From left to right: Leonardo DiCaprio as Howard Hughes in The Aviator; American entrepreneur, engineer, aviation pioneer Howard Hughes.
12. Left to right: Liam Neeson as Oskar Schindler in Schindler's List; Sudeten German industrialist who saved almost 1,200 Jews during the Holocaust Oskar Schindler.
13. Left to right: Russell Crowe as John Forbes Nash Jr. in A Beautiful Mind; mathematician John Forbes Nash Jr.
14. Left to right: Robin Williams as Theodore Roosevelt in Night at the Museum; 26th US President Theodore Roosevelt.
15. From left to right: Ashton Kutcher as Steve Jobs in Jobs: Empire of Temptation; Apple founder Steve Jobs.
Keywords: Actors | People