Walk on frozen BaikalBy Vika https://pictolic.com/en/article/walk-on-frozen-baikal
Baikal is impressive. This is the deepest and cleanest lake on Earth. Photographer Kristina Makeeva, planning my trip, did not even suspect how wonderful, majestic, and fabulous Baikal is. The girl expressed her admiration in these magnificent pictures.
1. Baikal is impressive.
2. This is the deepest and cleanest lake on Earth.
3. "When we planned the trip, we did not even suspect how wonderful, majestic and fabulous the lake is."
4. "We were so enchanted by the beauty of the lake that we did not sleep almost all 3 days that we were here."
5. Lake Baikal is 636 km long.
6. Ice thickness is 1.5-2 meters.
7. The ice of the lake can support a vehicle weighing about 15 tons.
8. Ice has different patterns in different parts of the lake.
9. This is because the water freezes layer by layer.
10. Ice on Lake Baikal is the most transparent in the world. And indeed it is.
11. Under the ice you can see everything, to the very bottom. Fish, stones, plants.
12. The water in the lake is so transparent that you can see various objects at a depth of 40 meters.
13. Baikal is also the deepest lake.
14. Genesis and age are still controversial among scientists. Baikal is the largest reservoir of fresh water on Earth. The depth of the lake is 1642 meters.
15. Baikal is an amazing place that you should definitely visit.