Top 10 cities with the best street foodVika
Street food or street food is a quick meal that vendors sell on the streets in vans or mobile stalls. Depending on the country, they sell a wide variety of food and drinks. More than 2 billion people buy street food every day around the world. Street food was previously thought to be food for the poor. Now, living on the run, people want to eat fast, tasty, and cheap.
Internet users of VirtualTourist.com have chosen the 10 best cities in the world with the most delicious street food by voting.
We present to your attention these 10 places where you can eat the most amazing and delicious street food masters. And please don't look at an empty stomach.
1. The first on the list is of course Bangkok. According to users, the capital of Thailand is the best place in the world to taste and love street food. Thai cuisine is very varied. At street vendors, you can feast on chicken with green curry, fried rice noodles with a wide variety of additives: egg or fish sauce, tamarind sauce, chili, meat, or fried peanuts.
2. The second on the list is Singapore. A national dish of Singaporean cuisine, which has caught the fancy of tourists is chicken steamed with a jelly-like layer of rice, cucumbers, chili, and ginger.
3. Penang finished third. It is called a gourmet paradise or the gastronomic capital of Malaysia. The Malaysians, Chinese, and Indians who have settled in this region have created an amazing blend of flavors that combines the best of each cuisine and makes their dishes unique.
4. The best street food in Morocco can be found in Marrakech in its main square - Djemaa el-Fna. The most popular local dish is roast lamb with couscous.
5. Looking at this photo, you will not guess which country we are talking about. It is usually associated with pizza. Yes, this is Italy. In the capital of Sicily - Palermo - sandwiches with herring are very popular, as well as arancini - fried rice balls stuffed with meat or cheese, and crocchè - fried potato balls.
6. In sixth place is Saigon in Vietnam. There, it's worth trying a dish called Bo La Lot - it's heavily flavored beef served in a leaf. Portal users are advised to choose those street stalls in Saigon that are popular with local residents - they are the ones who know where to eat the best.
7. Istanbul, a city that connects two continents, simply has to be a place where street food is really delicious. While in Istanbul, you should start a new day by eating simit - a pretzel sprinkled with fried sesame seeds, dine with kebabs, and for dinner eat midye dolma - stuffed mussels.
8. Mexico City - the capital of Mexican street food, it is worth trying such famous dishes as tacos al pastor - pork with pineapple and churros - strips of fried dough with cinnamon served with sugar, chocolate or fruit.
9. Brussels, the capital of Belgium, is the perfect place to taste real fries with mayonnaise. And for those with a sweet tooth, it's just heaven on earth, the famous Belgian chocolate will impress even the most sophisticated gourmets.
10. And the last on this list is Belize, or rather the city of San Pedro, where you can taste conch ceviche - a local delicacy - a dish of seafood and raw fish marinated in lemon juice or lime juice, with hot chili peppers and cilantro leaves.