This sea creature looks a lot like a Christmas tree.Vika
Spirobranchus giganteus, best known as the Christmas tree worm. But it is called that not because it eats Christmas trees, but because of its similarity to the New Year's tree.
1. Spirobranchus giganteus live in the ocean. The worm has a spiral shape that makes it look like a tiny Christmas tree.
2. Feathers forming a spiral are used to grip tiny phytoplankton.
3. They are also used for breathing.
4. Spirobranchus giganteus grows no more than 4 cm. They can be of different colors, orange, blue, white, yellow.
5. The worm - the Christmas tree is inactive and almost always sits in one place.
6. They usually find a good spot on the surface of the coral and attach firmly to it.
7. Sometimes they can live on one coral for a lifetime.
8. But sometimes they change their place of residence.
9. At the slightest danger, Spirobranchus giganteus instantly hides, pulling in.