The Ural Mountains in the paintings of Russian artistsBy Vika https://pictolic.com/en/article/the-ural-mountains-in-the-paintings-of-russian-artists
The Ural is known in Russia not only for its harsh beauty but also as a historical industrial center. This peculiar combination attracted many Russian artists.
The Urals is the “pantry” of Russia, in which there are colossal reserves of natural resources. Almost all the elements of the periodic table can be found there.
It is not surprising that it was the Ural Mountains that became one of the industrial centers and the most important metallurgical base of the country, where plants and factories have been growing like mushrooms since the beginning of the 18th century. Local industry has played a big role in helping Russia emerge victorious from the dozens of wars and conflicts it has been involved in.
1. Ballad. The Ural, 1897 Apollinary Vasnetsov.
2. Lake in mountainous Bashkiria. Ural. 1895 Apollinary Vasnetsov.
3. Mountain lake. The Ural, 1892 Apollinary Vasnetsov.
4. At the stop. Winter morning on the Ural railway, 1891 Vladimir Kazantsev.
5. Night. Ural. Apollinary Vasnetsov.
6. Ural landscape, 1930 Apollinary Vasnetsov.
7. In the Urals, 1888 Vladimir Kazantsev.
8. Ural landscape, 1890-1891 Apollinary Vasnetsov.