Potatoes, beans and 7 foods that can kill youPictolic
Did you know that a simple dinner of boiled potatoes can lead to tragic consequences? Especially if you combine it with homemade preserves or tomatoes... everything we love!
Why favorite and familiar foods should be consumed wisely, read below.
Everyone knows that you can't eat the fly agarics and death caps. But, it turns out that even ordinary boletus or mushrooms can be dangerous when consumed incorrectly. The fact that mushrooms tend to accumulate toxic substances. And the older the mushroom, the more of such substances has time to accumulate.
That is why it is not recommended to cook over-ripe mushrooms which have already started to fall apart. Decomposition products of protein is very hazardous to health and can cause poisoning. Of course, from one of the mushrooms will be nothing, but if there are enough of them on a regular basis, the risk is very high.
In addition, experienced mushroom hunters know that there are conditionally edible mushrooms that require special handling. For example, Blackie and volnushki need to pre-soak and boil several times, changing the water.
No wonder harmless at first glance, the beans cooked so long. The fact that it contains a large number of phytohemaglutinin. This is a dangerous substance that makes cell membrane vulnerable to other toxins.
To get rid of phytohemaglutinin you can use pre-soak (about 7-9 hours) and long cooking beans. By the way, the water in which you soaked the beans, be sure to drain and cook it in fresh clean water.
In tomatoes contains natural pesticide solanine, which is necessary to fight the plants with fungus or mildew. But for humans, this substance is dangerous because it can cause nausea, vomiting and even hallucinations.
Fortunately, you need only be afraid of green tomatoes! When the fruit Matures, the amount of solanine in it is reduced to an acceptable level.
But those who likes to make fried green tomatoes, you have to wonder whether an interesting taste to take such a risk? It is better to wait until the fruit will begin to take on a milky appearance — at this stage it will be safer.
In potatoes there is the same dangerous substance that in tomatoes, but in much greater numbers. And stumble upon it is possible even in seemingly ripened potatoes with slightly greenish edges... Remember, if you see potatoes in this color, immediately throw it away. To cook something from it is strictly prohibited!
But dangerous potatoes are not the only reason. It turns out that people can easily get poisoned vapors of carbon dioxide emanating from the deteriorated tubers. This usually occurs when potatoes are stored in large quantities indoors.
If you like to roll on the winter bell pepper or mushrooms, know that it is fraught with serious consequences. Together with mushrooms (and not only) in Bank disputes of bacteria that produce the botulinum toxin. This substance can cause a dangerous disease that affects the nervous system botulism.
This toxin is produced in the heat and in the absence of oxygen, and then slightly heat the jar of pickles would be his perfect home. To protect from bacteria can acidic environment, so if conservation is better to use vinegar.
Cashews are a favorite nut of most of pitoresc. And this is understandable as it is very useful. But only if we are not talking about raw nuts... they contain organic urushiol toxin that can cause an allergic reaction on the skin.
I hasten to reassure you! Supposedly raw cashews, which you can see in supermarkets, in fact, processed in a special way, so afraid of toxins is not worth it. But, if one day you suddenly want to eat truly raw cashews, think about whether to risk it all for a new taste?
Though oysters are not as common product, such as potatoes or tomatoes, to learn about their hazardous properties can not hurt. Especially in the United States is already several times recorded cases of deaths from eating oysters. The fact that these shellfish may contain bacteria of the genus Vibrio that cause disease vibrios. This is a severe poisoning that may lead to septic shock and even death.
In Europe fatal cases of poisoning with oysters, fortunately, is not yet fixed. But you need to keep in mind that the bacterium Vibrio live not only in America...
Another danger waiting for seafood lovers, hiding in the mussels. Everyone knows that these shellfish filter the water and store from it of harmful substances, so if you catch mussels by yourself or doubt the quality of their treatment, eating them is not worth it. There is a risk that along with the clam to you in the body will be dangerous toxins.
In addition, the seafood there are often fragments of shells, especially mussels. Even a small splinter can injure his mouth, esophagus and even stomach. So shellfish have to chew very carefully.
Licorice is not too popular among Russians. But many do not! Eating only 57 grams of licorice for two weeks, you can earn serious heart problems, as this herb contains glycyrrhizin — a substance that reduces the level of potassium in the body.
And as you know, potassium deficiency can lead to increased blood pressure and even heart failure. Therefore, to get involved in this treat is definitely not worth it.