How Google Feeds Its Employees Free Food with a Cafe on WheelsPictolic
Categories: Food and Drinks |
Free meals for Google employees have long been a true legend. At the company's headquarters in Mountain View, California, there are almost 30 cafes where everyone can choose their own food to taste.
But Google doesn't stop there. Today, mobile catering company The Whole Cart announced that by the end of the year, Googleplex will have a fleet of 20 cafes on wheels offering free innovative dishes.
Some of the cars will be grouped in the central parking lot, while others will be located closer to employees working in more remote Google office buildings.
(21 photos in total)
1. Order window in New York Delhi, a new cafe-van in Google.
2. Mobile cafes provide much-needed flexibility in meeting customer needs.
3. The Whole Cart menu is created in accordance with Google food standards, which means that the main focus is on the quality of food and portion size.
4. Many of the ingredients of the dishes come from organic farms located in the Silicon Valley area.
5. Before distribution to the vans parked in the Googleplex, all ingredients are prepared in the central kitchen.
6. About 65 employees of The Whole Cart are currently employed in the project of cafe-vans for Google.
7. Each of these vans employs from two to four employees.
8. Cooking some dishes is quite time-consuming.
9. The New York Delhi camper offers "a mixture of New York Art Nouveau and classic Indian cooking."
10. Naan flatbread with smoked salmon and cream.
11. Among other dishes offered are biryani with corned beef: corned beef from brisket, eggs, basmati rice, cashew nuts and raisins.
12. In The Farm Box, Google employees can taste fresh dishes directly from the farm.
13. The menu includes a salad with Burrato cheese with organic herbs, stone fruits and crackers.
14. Another van, Bubba Bing, offers Southern cuisine and Far Eastern dishes.
15. Chicken adobo gumbo is a Filipino dish. Chicken marinated in vinegar, soy sauce and garlic is served with vegetables and rice.
16. The dish is offered in a beautiful dish, although it is cooked in a van.
17. The bizarre appearance of the truck reflects the influence of both cultures.
18. Googler on a multicolored bicycle drove up to the Old World Delicatessen van.
19. Here you can taste amazing sandwiches.
20. This camper cafe offers delicious Indian cuisine.
21. Rice with meat looks fantastic.