Historic ascent of the world's hardest climbing route
Categories: WorldBy Pictolic https://pictolic.com/article/historic-ascent-of-the-world39s-hardest-climbing-route
Kevin Jorgeson and Tommy Caldwell set out to conquer the 914-meter El Capitan granite monolith located in California's Yosemite National Park. However, they do not use bolts or other climbing equipment. For Tommy Caldwell and Kevin Jorgeson, this is the third attempt to climb the vertical slope. They started their ascent on December 27, 2014 and celebrated the New Year in hanging tents. Extreme sportsmen use only their hands and feet. True, there is also a safety cable, since some difficult sections have to be passed three, four or even five times. Razor-sharp ledges on the rock cut their fingers, so they have to rest in tents nailed right to the mountain a few hundred meters from the ground. How did you spend these holidays?
(Total 18 photos)
1. Kevin Jorgeson and Tommy Caldwell climb a 914-meter granite wall to the top of El Capitan in Yosemite Park.
2. They are already halfway there and share their experiences with the world via Twitter and Facebook.
3. Many consider this peak to be the most difficult to climb in the world.
4. In some places, climbers rely only on the strength of their own hands and feet, and sometimes only on the strength of their fingers.
5. They have to wrap their fingers with tape and glue so that they heal faster after climbing up razor-sharp ledges.
6. They were the first to climb this legendary route without climbing equipment.
7. Guys prefer to climb at sunset when their fingers don't get sweaty from the heat.
8. The ropes that climbers use are for belaying only - they don't make climbing easier.
10. Their team sends food and water down to them, and they use solar energy to charge their gadgets.
18. The climbers, who started their ascent on December 27, are already at the finish line - most of the way is already behind them. Follow their historic rise on Facebook (Kevin Jorgeson and Tommy Caldwell) or Twitter!
Keywords: Climbing | Mountains | Route | Legs | ArmsPost News Article
The first half of the 70‑ies of the last Soviet schoolchildren under the sign of gum. Imported, of course, because domestic had ...
Polish photographer and traveler Adam Goat presented an ambitious project about the residents ischezaushei tribes. Traveling the ...
There are many beautiful women, but not everyone gets a chance to see Iya Ostergren - a girl with an amazing body and long legs. ...
In Russia a lot of amazing places, but one of the most beautiful and mysterious is considered the Altai. His mountain landscapes ...
New Zealander Mark Inglis climbed Mount Everest in 2006. But this is not surprising, but the fact that twenty years ago he lost ...
One can only admire the fearlessness and thirst for adventure of these people - not everyone dares to climb to such a height, and ...