9 things happy couples do before bedBy Vika https://pictolic.com/article/9-things-happy-couples-do-before-bed.html
Before going to bed, it is very important to spend some time with your partner. It does not matter how much time you have to spend together - an hour or just a few minutes. If you're just enjoying each other, talking and showing your love, that's all you need.
We have compiled a list of a few simple but very effective tips from psychologists.
1. Addiction to social networks suppresses the production of oxytocin in the body. This hormone is responsible for emotional closeness and affection. Psychotherapist Carol Carey advises following a simple rule: turn off the phones or put them away at 9 p.m. sharp.
2. Many couples don't see each other all day and have a habit of going to bed at different times. According to psychologist Kurt Smith, happy couples brush their teeth together and go to bed at the same time. This helps them maintain the warmth and intimacy of their relationship.
3. Sticking to the same sleep routine every day will help you sleep better. By following a routine, your brain receives a signal that bedtime is approaching and prepares your body for sleep. If you follow the same routine together with your partner, it will make your relationship more intimate and trustworthy.
4. Pay attention to each other's feelings. You do not need to give advice or find immediate solutions to problems. Sometimes we just want to talk and feel the care and support of our loved ones.
5. Kurt Smith reminds us to try not to get into heated arguments before bed. Fighting in bed never solves the problem. It also makes it harder for both of you to fall asleep, and you'll feel overwhelmed the next day.
6. According to psychologist Michael Wiener-Davies, the only time you can let your kids sleep in their bed is when they have a nightmare. The rest of the time, the bedroom should be your personal space. You must have space for the two of you to maintain closeness.
7. According to a University of Kansas study, 63% of people who sleep with their pets don't get enough sleep. Your pet cannot sleep through the night and often disturbs your sleep. Also, having a pet in your bed violates the "rule of two" in your bedroom.
8. The National Sleep Foundation confirms that a light and relaxing massage before bed improves sleep quality, reduces anxiety, and brings couples together.
9. Don't forget to kiss your partner before going to bed, as well as a few minutes of hugging when you're already in bed. It is very relaxing and evokes positive emotions. Psychologists are sure that if you cuddle while falling asleep, your relationship is not in trouble.