6 Reasons Your Teeth May Be StainingBy Vika https://pictolic.com/en/article/6-reasons-your-teeth-may-be-staining
Your smile is the first thing people notice about you, but if your teeth aren't as white as you'd like, you may find yourself smiling less. While there are many ways to whiten your teeth, some of the activities you do on a daily basis can cause your teeth to lose their brightness.
We have collected a few mistakes that prevent you from maintaining a snow-white smile.
1. Quitting carbonated and sugary sodas is a decision your teeth will definitely thank you for, but if you switch to soda, it can still affect your smile. The carbon dioxide formed in sparkling water will not cause serious damage to your teeth, but if the water is flavored, it most likely contains additives that affect its level of acidity and can increase enamel corrosion.
2. While soy sauce is delicious and makes sushi even tastier, it can turn your teeth yellow over time. Like any brightly colored food, soy sauce can stain teeth and make whitening toothpaste less effective.
3. Nothing can wake you up in the morning faster than a hot cup of strong coffee, but if you enjoy it daily, your smile can become dull and discolored. Coffee, tea, and other highly pigmented drinks can stain your teeth, and if you drink them hot, your tooth enamel can become even more susceptible to staining.
4. While mouthwash keeps your breath fresher longer, it can also make your smile less bright if you don't keep an eye on the harsh chemicals. For example, mouthwashes designed to treat gum disease often contain chlorhexidine gluconate, which can cause stains on your teeth that you probably won't be able to get rid of without the help of a dentist.
5. While brushing and flossing is critical to maintaining a healthy smile, more is not always better when it comes to oral hygiene. If you brush your teeth too hard day in and day out, you can slowly erode the enamel, which can make your teeth more sensitive and increase your risk of cavities.
6. Keeping hydrated is one of the best things you can do for your overall health, and drinking enough water throughout the day can also help brighten your smile. Water washes away stains left on the teeth and keeps them whiter longer.