6 dangerous cosmetics of the past, from which women died painfullyBy Pictolic https://pictolic.com/en/article/6-dangerous-cosmetics-of-the-past-from-which-women-died-painfully
Though beauty previous eras did not have access to plastic surgery, they risked not less than our contemporaries. Indeed, in the past, many cosmetics concealed a mortal danger. Unfortunately, many women find out about this too late. Submitted 6 fatal cosmetic products and procedures that maim beauties.
The belladonna plant is poisonous from root to the last leaf. Ancient healers knew about the narcotic properties of the juice of belladonna. The use of this substance for cosmetic purposes seems dubious. Nevertheless, women used the juice of belladonna to give eyes a brilliant sheen. Radiant and fathomless eyes he gradually lost his sight, and then there is complete blindness.
Oxide of a chemical element again has gained wide popularity as a means of rodent control. Hence the name of arsenic. Pharmacists of the nineteenth century used a small dose of poison for medicinal purposes. Tablets of arsenic were prescribed to even out skin tone, getting rid of the thinness. It is worth Recalling that in the past the trend was women with curvaceous. Pills really helped a bit stout. Mainly due to the development of toxic goiter.
This chemical element has ruined many lives. After all, before the discovery of benzol peroxide people got rid of acne by using products based on mercury. Pharmacists used mercury for the preparation of anti-inflammatory drugs. It is unknown how toxic the metal is treated with inflammation, but mercury and its derivatives are inevitably struck by the nervous system. And mercury ointment drugs banned only in the 70-ies of XX century.
Depression is the first symptom of mercury poisoning. In depression the patient usually does not pay attention to the disease. Further treatment guaranteed breathing problems, liver, kidney and gastrointestinal tract. Poison cumulative effects accumulated in the body, bringing a sacrifice of beauty to death.
Beauties of the middle Ages rubbed his face white lead, not knowing what danger lurked in them. It is noteworthy that powder and lead were popular until the nineteenth century. The success of dangerous cosmetics due to its effectiveness. Leather women indeed purchased the porcelain shade. But at the same time refined aristocrat got the rest of the symptoms of lead poisoning: emaciation, disorientation in space, the lack of appetite. It is difficult to imagine how fashionable the ladies died, poisoned by this heavy metal.
The main novelty of the 1930-ies the French cosmetic line Tho-radia. In its composition were such dangerous substances, such as bromide, chloride, radium and thorium. Brochures promised a rejuvenating effect due to the "improve blood circulation, pores, get rid of acne and pigmentation". Cosmetics Tho-radia was a great success, making shoppers in the crippled.
Everyone at least once in life got to the diagnosis through x-ray machine. The discovery of x-rays was a breakthrough in medicine and other fields. Cosmetology also tried to use the invention. X-ray was considered a reliable means of hair removal. After a few sessions the unwanted hair fall out. At the same time, grew old, grew thin skin. The most terrible consequences took place in a few years. Waxing with the help of x-ray machine led to an increase in the incidence of skin cancer.