50 beautiful classic portraits from LIFE
Categories: CelebritiesBy Pictolic https://pictolic.com/en/article/50-beautiful-classic-portraits-from-life
In 1936, the first issue of LIFE magazine was published, which in all subsequent years began to publish photos of the most famous photographers around the world. The archive of LIFE, published until 1972, includes approximately 10 million photographs that the magazine has accumulated over the entire history of its existence.
The magazine's archive, of course, includes numerous portraits of both film and music celebrities, as well as iconic personalities of their time. Many of them have become classics of photography.
1. Elizabeth Taylor.
2. Marilyn Monroe.
3. The Marlboro Man. Portrait of a 39-year-old cowboy from Texas named Clarence Haley, whose image was then repeatedly used to advertise cigarettes. Photo by Leonard McCombe in 1949.
4. Bill Cosby (American actor, stand-up comedian, director and musician).
5. Princess Diana.
6. Charlie Chaplin.
7. Arnold Schwarzenegger.
8. Catherine Deneuve.
9. Marlon Brando.
10. Bruce Springsteen.
11. Audrey Hepburn-ingenue.
12. Gay Marvin, musician, arranger, father of modern rhythm and blues.
13. Rita Moreno, actress, singer and dancer.
14. Gregory Peck, Hollywood star of the 1940s and 1960s.
15. Sophie Lauren.
16. Montgomery Clift, American actor, one of the first Hollywood sex symbols-adherents of the Stanislavsky system.
17. Audrey Hepburn.
18. Clint Eastwood.
19. Bette Davis is the first lady of American cinema.
20. Tom Jones.
21. Robert Oppenheim, American scientist, one of the creators of the atomic bomb.
22. Meryl Streep.
23. James Dean.
24. Grace Kelly.
25. Mickey Rourke.
26. Marilyn Monroe.
27. Thomas Hart Benton, American artist.
28. Al Pacino.
29. Vivien Leigh.
30. Paul Reynaud, a French politician and lawyer, an adherent of the ideas of economic liberalism, was the Prime Minister of France.
31. Lucille Ball, American comedic actress and star of the TV series "I Love Lucy".
32. Karl - Heinz Dellwo, a member of the West German anti-imperialist group that existed in the 1970s and 90s.
33. Mary Lou Williams, jazz pianist and composer.
34. Shane Mosley, American professional boxer.
35. Anjelica Huston, American actress and model, best known for her role as Morticia Addams in the film "The Addams Family".
36. Richard Burton.
37. Catherine Hepburn.
38. Bruce Lee.
39. Humphrey Bogart.
40. Robert Mitchum, American actor, screenwriter and producer.
41. Angela Davis.
42. Cary Grant.
43. Robert Redford.
44. Jean Seberg, American film actress.
45. Burt Reynolds.
46. Jackie Kennedy.
47. John Travolta.
48. Gene Kelly.
49. Hedy Lamarr.
50. Marlene Dietrich