19 colored historical photographsVika
As the Spanish philosopher George Santayana once said: "He who does not remember his past is doomed to relive it." And while the past sometimes seems so distant from us, we can get a little closer to it thanks to these amazing artists who add color to photographs that were taken long ago.
We invite you to travel back in time and look at 19 colored historical photographs that have been brought back to life.
1. Robin Williams in Central Park, 1974.
2. John F. Kennedy and Jacqueline Bouvier on their wedding day, 1953.
3. Kathleen Hughes, 1953.
4. John Lennon and Yoko Ono at Butterfly Studios in New York, 1972.
5. British tattoo artist George Burchett, circa 1930.
6. Churchill celebrates his birthday with Franklin Roosevelt and Joseph Stalin, 1943.
7. Nikola Tesla, 1893.
8. Boys buy flowers in New York, 1908.
9. Red Cross volunteers, circa 1910.
10. Brenda Marshall, 1942.
11. Princess Elizabeth at Windsor Castle, 1940.
12. Clint Eastwood, circa 1960.
13. Franz Ferdinand, circa 1914.
14. The Titanic disaster, 1912
15. Charlie Chaplin, 1921.
16. An oasis in the Badlands, circa 1905.
17. The boy blows out a Christmas tree candle.
18. Harry Houdini, 1912.
19. Abraham Lincoln, 1865.