14 photos that will make you want to visit GreenlandBy Vika https://pictolic.com/en/article/14-photos-that-will-make-you-want-to-visit-greenland
Greenland is one of the most unusual and interesting places on our planet. The world's largest island features fantastic landscapes, colorful villages, and hospitable locals. You can appreciate the unique beauty of this place by looking at our selection of photos of Greenland.
1. An unusual arched iceberg in Scoresby Bay, the largest fjord in the world.
2. Umanak, a colorful village of 1250 in northwestern Greenland.
3. Dried cod hanging on the street in Umanaka. Greenland's cold climate makes it difficult to grow production, so the cuisine is heavily based on meat and seafood.
4. The boat sails through Disko Bay off the west coast of Greenland.
5. A humpback whale jumps out of the water in Disko Bay. This is a common occurrence during the summer season (April to November).
6. A deer wanders around the town of Kangerlussuaq.
7. A flock of fulmars (petrels) has gathered on top of a massive iceberg.
8. The western city of Ilulissat attracts tourists for two main reasons: dog sledding and the Ilulissat ice fjord, a UNESCO heritage site.
9. Ilulissat is home to over two thousand sled dogs. In winter, dog sledding is practically the only form of transport for trips to neighboring cities.
10. Small Arctic fox in the vicinity of the abandoned village of Ataa. In Greenland, there are two species of Arctic foxes or polar foxes: white and blue.
11. Aurora over the Kangerlussuaq settlement. Considering its extreme northern location, Greenland is one of the best places to watch this spectacular phenomenon.
12. Climbers stand at the top of the ice canyon. The photo was taken by James Balogh, who published his photobook Portraits of Vanishing Glaciers in 2012 in which he provided visual evidence of the effects of climate change.
13. Houses on the shore in Nuuk, the capital of Greenland. Nuuk, a city of 17,000, is known for its colorful houses and the Greenland National Museum.
14. Polar bear and her two cubs on the northeastern coast of Greenland. These magnificent animals are rarely found near settlements, to see them, tourists usually go by boat to the north of Greenland.
Keywords: Travel | World | Island | Village | People | Society | Nation | Life | Lifestyle | Nature | Beauty | Planet | Earth | Places | Landscapes | Locals | Photos | Photographs | Life in Greenland | Greenland | Visiting | Journey