10 actors who perfectly played the roles of the opposite sexPictolic
In Shakespeare's time, all the roles in the theater were played by men — women were not allowed to go on stage. The female roles were played by young boys. Then the situation changed, and women's roles began to be given to women.
Now some actors prefer to complicate their task and choose more and more complex characters - sometimes of a different gender than their own. Here is a list of 10 actors who tried to solve this difficult task. Some turned out so naturally.
10. John Travolta in "Hairspray"
9. Tyler Perry in The Diary of a Mad Black Woman
8. Cate Blanchett in "I'm Not There"
7. Cillian Murphy in "Breakfast on Pluto"
6. John Cameron Mitchell in "Hedwig and the Ill-fated Inch"
5. Adam Sandler in "Jack and Jill"
4. Hilary Swank in "Guys Don't Cry"
3. Felicity Huffman in Transamerica
2. Gwyneth Paltrow in Shakespeare in Love
1. Glenn Close in "The Mysterious Albert Nobbs"