World's largest dog dies in US
Categories: AnimalsBy Pictolic https://pictolic.com/article/world39s-largest-dog-dies-in-us.html
Great Dane named Giant George, listed in the Guinness Book of Records as the largest dog in the world, died at the age of 8 in the United States.
(Total 10 photos)
1. According to the owners of the dog, George died at the age of 7 years in their home in Arizona.
“It is with a heavy heart that we announce that Giant George died last night. George passed away peacefully surrounded by loved ones, one month before his eighth birthday, ”the owners wrote on the Facebook page dedicated to the Great Dane.
2. The cause of death of the dog is not specified.
3. George's height at the withers was 110 centimeters with a weight of 111 kilograms. If you put the dog on its hind legs, then its length exceeded 2.2 meters.
4. Introduced into the Guinness Book of Records in 2010, George has become a real celebrity. He has repeatedly participated in television shows and charity events.
5. His owner even wrote a book: Giant George, Life with the World's Biggest Dog.
6. According to the owners, the dog slept in a double bed, and on the plane for Giant George, a separate row of three seats was assigned.
7. Despite his impressive size, George was shy and afraid of other dogs.
8. In addition, George was a playful dog, was afraid of water and did not like to be left alone.
10. Now the largest dog in the world is a Great Dane named Zeus, whose age is five years old, he also lives with his owners in the United States.