The most beautiful and unusual sea rocksBy Pictolic https://pictolic.com/article/the-most-beautiful-and-unusual-sea-rocks.html
Especially for you, we have selected the most beautiful pictures of unusual natural creations - bizarre and picturesque sea cliffs. This photo selection will interest not only travel lovers, but also rock climbing fans. So let's get started!
(Total 27 photos)
1. Dun Bristy Rock is located near the Irish coast of the Atlantic. Its height is just over fifty meters.
2. Millions of birds build their nests here every year. Because of this, the rock is especially loved by ornithologists.
3. Perpendicular to the Black Sea coast near the village of Praskoveevka there is an amazing rock "Sail" 30 meters high and 25 meters long.
4. This stone block is named so because of its similarity to a real sail. Once it adjoined the shore, but over time, part of the layer was eroded and now the rock is ten meters away from the shore.
5. A round through hole gapes at the bottom of the rock. The guidebooks say that the hole appeared after artillery shelling in the middle of the 19th century. But not all historians support this version.
6. Scottish rock "Old Man Hoy". Its height is 137 meters.
7. The red sandstone rock has been standing on a basalt pedestal for more than four centuries.
8. Exact location - Orkney Islands, west coast of Hoy Island.
9. The rocks “Risin og Kellingin” are located on the Faroe Islands. This name is translated as “The Giant and the Sorceress”.
10. The height of the "Sorceress" is 69 meters, the "Giant" is 71 meters.
11. The Galapagos Islands are decorated with the rock "Kicker" - "Sleeping Lion".
12. The height of the stone cliff is 152 meters.
13. "Sleeping Lion" was formed as a result of the eruption of an underwater volcano. A huge number of birds nest on its steep slopes.
14. The picturesque Thai rock "Ko Tapu" is made of limestone.
15. Located forty meters from the island.
16. In the lower part, the diameter of the rock is only four meters, in the upper part - eight. According to scientists, the rock "Koh Tapu" is part of a large barrier reef, destroyed by water and wind.
17. Australian uninhabited rock island "Balls Pyramide" is located near Lord Howe Island. Outwardly, it resembles a huge sail 562 meters high and almost 200 meters wide.
18. It is considered the highest cliff of volcanic origin in the world.
19. It was discovered by sailors back in 1788. But it became world famous only in 2000, when natural scientists discovered a giant stick insect on its territory. This insect was considered extinct long ago.
20. Rock "Old Harry" adorns the coast of good old England. From these white rocks came the second name of the country - Albion.
21. The rocks are formed from chalk, so they are easily destroyed under the influence of natural forces. Back in the eighteenth century, the rocks were one.
22. In the Australian national park Port Campbell, you can see the amazingly beautiful rocky peaks of the Twelve Apostles.
23. Despite the name, initially there were only nine cliffs. In June 2005, one of them collapsed and now there are only eight of them.
24. At different times of the day, the rocks look different. Especially beautiful in the rays of the setting sun.
25. On the Kamchatka Peninsula, at the entrance to Avacha Bay, there is the Three Brothers rock, consisting of three stone massifs.
26. The distance from the boulders to the shore is only three hundred meters.
27. This natural memorial is one of the main attractions of Kamchatka. It is most often visited and photographed by guests of the peninsula.