Owlet Tomsk and his plush friends
Categories: AnimalsBy Pictolic https://pictolic.com/article/owlet-tomsk-and-his-plush-friends.html
A cute little owlet lost his native family, but found a new one - in the form of plush toys. A five-week-old owlet named Tomsk was rescued by caretakers at the Scottish Owl Center after his parents accidentally killed his little brother. This juvenile Owl is now hand-reared and enjoys watching TV with his new plush friends.
(Total 7 photos)
1. The owners of the owlet center, 35-year-old Rod Angus and his wife Niki, say that the owlet is only 5 weeks old, but he is very shy and friendly.
2. "We named it Tomsk after the city in Siberia, which is one of the natural habitats of these owls."
3. About 100 owls live in the center, including snowy and owls.
4. Most birds are breeding pairs that are shown to the public, but about 20 birds participate in the "aerobatics team" - this is the largest collection of trained owls in the world.
5. This owlet was born in the center. His brothers and sisters were not so lucky - most of them did not hatch at all, and one of his parents killed his only brother.
6. Since Tomsk still needs regular attention, he spends his evenings with the owners and caretakers of the center who take him home. Although he is currently only 30 cm tall, when he grows up, his wingspan will reach 150 cm.
7. “When Tomsk is taken away by other caretakers, he sits with them on the couch and watches TV. He also sometimes lives with us. We have cats, but this is not a problem, because owls are trained and do not hunt. They just sit side by side and grow side by side.”