Indian has grown the longest mustache in the world for over 40 years
Categories: WorldBy Pictolic https://pictolic.com/article/indian-has-grown-the-longest-mustache-in-the-world-for-over-40-years.html
Men, do you think your mustache looks impressive? Indian Ram Singh Chauhan will make you sink into the ground in shame when he looks at your thinned fluff. 58-year-old resident of India is the proud owner of the longest mustache in the world. The length of the subject of his pride is more than 4 meters.
(Total 9 photos)
1. Indian Ram Singh Chauha started growing his mustache in 1970 and hasn't trimmed it since. At the moment, his mustache is over 4.30 meters long, and the proud man from Rajasthan holds the Guinness World Record for the longest mustache in the world.
2. Chauhan, a native of the city of Jaipur (Rajasthan), says that the strikingly long mustache is his biggest fortune, which, in terms of “value”, even surpassed hunting knives, which are considered an indispensable attribute of the Sikhs in India.
3. Thanks to the mustache, Chauhan even got a role in the film “Octopussy” (“Octopussy”), which tells about the adventures of the legendary spy James Bond.
5. Chauhan, whose feat was recognized by the Guinness Book of Records, still continues to grow a mustache, but in recent years their growth has slowed dramatically. However, even this did not help the applicants get closer to his record.
The 58-year-old man says one of the secrets to such impressive facial hair is an early start. “As we age, hormones get weaker and the rate of growth slows down,” Ram says, but even now, several centimeters are added to his mustache each year.
6. The man says that growing a mustache is like taking care of a child: a mustache, according to him, also requires constant care and upbringing. Caring for a record-breaking mustache takes him 2 hours a day.
7. “I had to work for a long time to reach a length of 4.5 meters. This is not an easy task,” says Chauhan.
Ram Singh Chauhan started growing his mustache as a teenager. “I have never shaved my mustache, or at least I haven’t since the 70s. A mustache is a symbol of pride and respect. In ancient India, mustaches were everything. This is an invaluable attribute of masculinity, ”says the 58-year-old record holder.
8. Chauhan's wife, Asha, is happy that her husband constantly attracts the attention of the masses. Their children, two girls and a son, are also proud of their father.
9. Asha recalls: “When we got married, his mustache was still very small, then they got bigger and bigger, but I don’t see anything wrong with that.”