Behind the Scenes: Photographer Murad Haussmann on Filming Follow MeBy Pictolic https://pictolic.com/article/behind-the-scenes-photographer-murad-haussmann-on-filming-follow-me.html
The author of the famous #followmeto pictures and the owner of Hype Production Murad Osmann became the new hero of the Toyota project about young and successful. Murad spoke about the filming of Follow Me, careful travel planning and suggested in which car all the dresses of the #followmeto heroine Natasha would fit.
(Total 10 photos)
1. Murad, almost four years have passed since your fiancée Natasha first pulled you along with her in Barcelona. Have you been traveling all this time? In fact, both Natasha and I work five days a week. We really often fly, but always for a short time: for the weekend or free Friday and Monday to “snatch” four days.
2. You have visited more than 10 countries and a huge number of cities. How do you plan your travels? We read guides, reviews, ask our followers on Instagram. We are thinking a lot. Last year, we began to cooperate with the ministries of tourism of the countries we are going to. We talk about the project, and they make up a program for us, they allow us to go to the sights when the majority of people are not there, they help with accommodation and provide excellent guides. So we went to Hong Kong, Jordan, Brazil, the Amazon.
3. Do you travel only by plane? How about a car trip? Mostly, of course, by plane, to save time. But the car gives you the opportunity to stop at any place you like, for us it is priceless.
4. What car would you dare to drive 1000 km or more? Definitely on the frame SUV Toyota Land Cruiser Prado. It is comfortable, reliable, with a rich history, and most importantly, it will fit everything you need for filming. This is a great option for traveling around Russia, off-road, in a desperate search for beautiful places for pictures. If you're driving a short distance, but want to get there with a breeze, the stylish Toyota GT86 sports coupe, which I had the pleasure of testing the other day, will do.
5. What technique do you use for shooting? Different cameras to be able to print large format photos. Not a smartphone.
6. Do you print photos? Sometimes for exhibitions. For example, the year before last we had an exhibition in Miami.
7. We are waiting for your exhibition in Russia! I would like to see the photos in a large format. Natasha's clothes and hairstyles are always impeccable. Does she make up her own designs? Yes, Natasha does everything herself. We don't have a group of stylists. We cooperate with Russian designers and take a million things with us! And I carry everything. By the way, this can be seen in the photo from London with a giant mirror. There I shoot, hung with trunks. Where only Natasha did not change clothes: in bars, in courtyards, on the Amazon ...
8. What is the hardest thing about filming? It would be wrong to call something difficult, because we do it for the soul. Although, of course, Natasha sometimes has a hard time. She is brave. She is standing in thin dresses in the cold, when I am in a coat, a huge python crawled over her, which at some point began to shrink ... Maybe someday I will still persuade her to jump with a parachute.
9. How do you feel about your imitators who are photographed “with a pen” on social networks? Great, we often look at their photos. There are some very funny ones. The one where the poor cat is pulled by the paw is a masterpiece. (Laughs.)
10. Why do you think the project has become so popular? One can only guess, because there are a lot of interesting projects on the network. I think people are attracted by the mysterious girl whose face is not visible in the frame, the combination of stylish clothes and beautiful views and, of course, the simplicity of execution. Picked up the phone and repeated the photo. But the main thing is the project is about love. Behind each photo there are real emotions, and people feel it.