A Day in the Life of the Ku Klux KlanBy Pictolic https://pictolic.com/article/a-day-in-the-life-of-the-ku-klux-klan.html
Photographer Anthony Karen has repeatedly worked with the most terrible secret organizations that operate on the verge of what is permitted. He is already the author of photo projects about skinheads and Baptists, and now a photo project about one of the most radical organizations in the United States, the Ku Klux Klan, has been added to the list of his works. Initially, he established contacts with members of the organization by phone or e-mail. He then arrived at one of the clan's events in 2005. Having earned the trust of the members of the organization, Karen received permission to shoot without restrictions.
(Total 10 photos)
1. Karl - the imperial magician of the southern "kingdom" of the Ku Klux Klan (regular group) - takes aim at a cockroach (on a leaf, right under the clock) while his wife and goddaughter hide on the sofa, fearing a rebound. (Anthony S. Karen)
2. Members of the Ku Klux Klan of Louisiana rest in the house of one of the comrades. (Anthony S. Karen)
3. Little Charlie from the Louisiana organization Ku Klux Klan "Dixie Rangers" shows her fiancé a veil, which she sewed herself. (Anthony S. Karen)
4. Newcomers who wish to become members of the Ku Klux Klan take oaths during the acceptance ritual. Candidates are blindfolded and led through the scaffolding. They are asked questions about the meaning of the clan and its history, and then they take oaths. After that, they are elevated to “knights” - they are moistened with holy water, they put a sword on both shoulders and bless. Newcomers are greeted by acting officers. (Anthony S. Karen)
5. Klan members gathered on the battlefield during the Civil War for the traditional wedding ceremony of the Ku Klux Klan. (Anthony S. Karen)
6. Son of an imperial magician of the Ku Klux Klan of North Carolina. (Anthony S. Karen)
7. One of the members of the community in his home in Virginia. (Anthony S. Karen)
8. An imperial officer (right), an imperial magician and wife (left) gather for a Christmas service at a local church.
9. Granddaughter of the imperial magician of the southern "kingdom" of the Ku Klux Klan. (Anthony S. Karen)
10. Representatives of the Ku Klux Klan of the Midwest. (Anthony S. Karen)