Women who changed the way we think about beautyBy Vika https://pictolic.com/en/article/women-who-changed-the-way-we-think-about-beauty
Beauty is a relative concept. The canons of beauty have been constantly changing over the centuries. What does it mean to be a beautiful woman today? See 11 women who showed the world completely different standards of beauty, not those that fashion magazines impose on us, placing ideal models “edited” with Photoshop on their covers. These women decided to change the idea of female beauty forever.
1. Denise Bidot is one of the most demanded XXL models. 28-year-old Denise advertises clothes of the brand, which belongs to the most famous tennis player in the world - Serena Williams. (Photo: Getty Images).
2. Jamie Brewer. Jamie Brewer, 30, is the world's first model with Down syndrome. She took part in the show of the Carrie Hammer collection during New York Fashion Week. (Photo: Getty Images).
3. Lea T. Brazilian supermodel Lea T was born 34 years ago as Leonardo Cerezo. But she always felt like a woman, so she decided on a complex procedure for changing sex. Her beauty was noticed by one of the designers of the Givenchy fashion house. Lea T is now advertising the brand and has also posed nude for French Vogue. (Photo: AFP).
4. Carmen Dell'Orefice is the oldest operating model in the world, she is 83 years old. She began her modeling career at the age of 15, starring on the cover of Vogue magazine. (Photo: Getty Images).
5. Elliott Sailors is a model that specializes in showing a collection of clothing for men. When she was out of work, she stopped painting and started dressing like a man. Elliott does not feel like a man, she is one hundred percent woman. (Photo: Getty Images).
6. Andrei Pezhich, who was once Andrei, that is, a man. His androgynous (bisexual) appearance has repeatedly misled journalists. The unprecedented beauty of Andrei, even before she became a woman, in 2011 was on the list of the 100 sexiest women in the world by the Serbian magazine "FHM". (Photo: Getty Images).
7. Robin Loli, who is 188 centimeters tall and weighs 76 kilograms, became the first plus-size model to appear on the cover of the famous Sports Illustrated magazine. (Photo: Facebook).
8. Winnie Harlow is a successful fashion model who suffers from vitiligo. She initially tried to hide her flaw with makeup. And when she stopped doing this, famous fashion designers became interested in her. (Photo: Getty Images).
9. Gillian Mercado, a disabled model who moves only in a wheelchair, became the face of a high-profile Diesel advertising campaign. 26-year-old Mercado has muscle atrophy. (Photo: SIPA / East News).
10. Jenna Talackova - became the most controversial candidate for the title of "Miss Universe" when it turned out that she was born a man. She was disqualified, but after lengthy "battles" with the organizers, she still received permission to participate in the Miss Universe contest. This was the first such case in history. (Photo: East News).
11. Helena Norowicz (Helena Norovich) made her debut as a model very late, at the age of 80 years. Helena Norovich is an actress in one of the Warsaw theaters. Her participation in the advertising campaign for the clothing brand "Bohoboco" caused a great resonance in the press and society. (Photo: press releases).