What can kill us?By Vika https://pictolic.com/en/article/what-can-kill-us
Did you know that almost anything can kill us? Even things we can't live without. Yes, yes, water and air can become deadly for us. Turns out it's all about dosage. Do you want to know what dose of water, alcohol, or chocolate can be fatal for us? Then read our article.
1. Few people know that 70 cups of coffee (1 cup of coffee contains 95 milligrams of caffeine) can kill a person weighing about 70 kilograms as a result of tachycardia, that is, a rapid heartbeat. (Photo: Tonmoy.Rahman/flickr.com).
2. Do you prefer alcohol instead of coffee? Then you need to know that 13 shots of hard liquor, drunk one after the other, can also lead to the grave. Alcohol is a depressant: it turns off the functions of our brain that are responsible for breathing or heart function. (Photo: Shawn Harquail/flickr.com).
3. Even water can kill us, and it's not about drowning, it's about consumption. The lethal dose is about 6 liters. Drinking that much water would cause the cells to swell, which in turn would cause symptoms such as headache, vomiting, and the like. and death as a result. (Photo: Martin Živadinovic/flickr.com).
4. If you stop drinking fluids and start consuming too much salt, your cells will begin to shrink. A condition characterized by high sodium levels in the blood plasma in the presence of water deficiency is called hypernatremia. It is enough to eat 48 teaspoons of salt so that a person first has impaired consciousness, then excessive neuromuscular excitability, as a result, he would fall into a coma and die. (Photo: Yvonne/flickr.com).
5. Without oxygen, we also cannot live - everyone knows this. Just 4 minutes without oxygen can lead to serious brain damage, and its absence for 6 minutes will kill us. (Photo: moondancerkid/flickr.com).
6. Height can kill us too, and it's not about falling from a great height. 8,000 meters above sea level is the so-called "death zone". At such an altitude, the oxygen content in the air is so low that the human body is not able to survive in such conditions. (Photo: Dave Smith/flickr.com).
7. If you like to eat cherries, be careful. Never chew on the bones, because even a small amount of them can release a sufficiently large dose of cyanide into your body, which can kill you (in some sources, the amount of 10 cherry seeds was called deadly). The symptoms of cyanide poisoning are vomiting and nausea. High concentrations of this substance can lead to death. (Photo: Marion/flickr.com).
8. Chocolate is also very dangerous ... but in very large quantities. It contains a substance called theobromine, a dose of 1000mg/kg which can lead to our death. How much is that in terms of chocolate bars? To die from one of the most beloved desserts in the world, you need to eat about 85 tiles at a time. (Photo: Dave G-Hflickr.com).
9. You should also be careful with loud music. Breaking the line of 185 decibels, you can die. The resulting pressure can burst (literally) our lungs or lead to thromboembolism, which will also eventually kill us. (Photo: Diego Fernandez/flickr.com).