Unique footage from conception to birthPictolic
Since childhood, the microscope and the camera were the main Hobbies of a brilliant photographer Lennart Nilsson, who wanted to show the world the beauty of the human body at the cellular level. Pictures of the human fetus, Nilsson managed to get back in 1957, but they were not spectacular enough to show them to the public.
To obtain the most accurate and colourful pictures helped him a cystoscope is a medical instrument with which to examine the bladder from within. Nilsson attached the camera and light guide and made thousands of pictures of baby's life inside the uterus.
So the skilled hands of Lennart Nilsson has created a miracle: revealed to the world the mystery of the origin of human life.
Lennart Nilsson was born 24 August 1922 Swedish city of Strangnas in a family that loved photography.
Even as a child Lennart was more interested in the microcosm, one that can only be seen with a microscope. Armed with a microscope and a camera, he could penetrate inaccessible to ordinary sight worlds, inner worlds of man in the truest sense of the word.
1. The sperm in the fallopian tube
International fame Nielson received in 1965 when LIFE magazine published 16 pages of photographs of a human embryo. These photos were immediately reproduced in Stern, Paris Match, The Sunday Times and other journals.
5. The germ
6. The fruit
In the 1960s — early 1970s, Nilsson collaborated with LIFE, making not only photomicrographs of different stages of fetal human development, but also other physiological processes in the organisms of humans and animals.
8. Week 8.
9. 10 weeks. The eyelids are already half open. Within a few days they will form completely.
11. 16 weeks after fertilization. The skeleton consists mainly of flexible core and a network of blood vessels visible through the thin skin.
12. 16 weeks. The inquisitive toddler is already using their hands to explore the area.
13. 18 weeks. About 14 cm. the Fetus can now perceive sounds from the outside world.
14. 20 weeks after fertilization.
15. 26 weeks after fertilization
16. 36 weeks. In a month the baby will be born.