Top 10 dangerous plants for petsBy Pictolic https://pictolic.com/article/top-10-dangerous-plants-for-pets.html
These plants are considered potentially dangerous for pets. But that doesn't mean you should isolate them from your home or garden. Just take the security measures! And then your pets will not suffer from them.
Lily is perfectly safe for dogs, but extremely toxic for cats.
Symptoms of poisoning include vomiting, drowsiness and lack of appetite. Even small portions of any part of this plant that enter the animal's body can cause kidney and liver failure. If the pet is not treated in time, poisoning can lead to death.
Hyacinth is a very beautiful flower with a pleasant aroma. However, any parts of this plant are toxic to cats and dogs.
Its bulbs are especially poisonous. If your dog likes to dig in the garden, pay special attention to the hyacinth.
The berries of this plant are very toxic to pets. The leaves and stems of the plant are also poisonous and can cause poisoning if ingested.
Ivy seduces with its attractive appearance. In addition, spreading along the walls, it creates a cool and lush canopy. Indoors, ivy hanging from baskets creates a romantic mood. However, be careful.
Symptoms of poisoning — swelling of the oral mucosa, tongue, difficulty breathing. Without assistance, it can lead to blockage of the respiratory tract and, as a result, to death.
This plant is widely known as "Angel wings". Red, pink and white — it has a fairly rich color palette. Due to this variety, caladium is often used for decorating rooms.
This attractive plant is toxic to dogs and cats.
If ingested, the flowers and stems can cause paralysis of the muscles and respiratory tract, which can lead to the death of a pet.
Most often, sansevieria is placed on the floor or windowsill, which can be dangerous for the life of pets.
It is believed that sansevieria protects the house from negative energy. It is for this reason that many people want to buy this exotic plant. After all, in addition to its attractive appearance, this plant is extremely toxic and poisonous when ingested.
Symptoms of intoxication include salivation, swelling of the tongue, and convulsions.
The quaint dieffenbachia is poetically called the mute reed. Getting into the human or animal body, the plant causes a mild or moderate form of poisoning.
Few people know that this popular indoor flower is poisonous to cats.
As you know, aloe juice helps in the treatment of burns. The pot with it is better to hide away from your favorite pet. Signs of poisoning: vomiting, diarrhea, convulsions, loss of appetite.
The milk juice of poinsettia causes irritation on the skin, and when ingested, it causes mild gastrointestinal distress.
Poinsettia is a symbol of Christmas, often it is endowed with certain mystical powers. However, this beauty has its drawbacks. Fortunately, this plant is rarely the cause of serious poisoning.
Crocus contains the highly toxic substance colchicine.
It can cause vomiting, gastrointestinal bleeding, kidney and liver damage, and respiratory spasm.