Threat far: 10 incredibly beautiful, but awe-inspiring places
Categories: NatureBy Pictolic https://pictolic.com/en/article/threat-far-10-incredibly-beautiful-but-awe-inspiring-places
The ability to enjoy great inherent exclusively to man, because the planet has no concept of aesthetics. Many terrestrial and underwater inhabitants with a terrific appearance, can actually be extremely toxic and dangerous. Exactly the same scenery, the beauty of which we enjoy, is not always as harmless as it seems from the screen. We picked up 10 seats, being that you most likely will forget about their beauty.
1. Commonwealth (translated as "the Common good") is the Bay width of almost 50 miles between Alden and Cape gray in Antarctica. In the book of records of Guinness (and in many other rankings) appears as the windiest place on Earth. The wind gusts sometimes reaching 240 km/h, and annual average wind speed — 80 km/h.
2. Famous South African Gencebay one of the largest populations of great white sharks. Although 20 years ago it was turned into a tourist attraction — diving with sharks — be in local open waters for an untrained person will be quite risky.
3. The village is Oymyakon, in Yakutia, known as one of the "pole of cold". A number of parameters Oymyakon valley is the most harsh place on Earth, home to a permanent population. 26 January, 1926, there was recorded temperature -71.2 degrees.
4. Water from the Spanish river Rio Tinto has a high acidity. And so, that can compare with our gastric juices. This is more than enough to kill any fish that it would be as well, and man. This unique feature appeared in the river due to bacteria and the iron, which was dissolved in water for many years. Similar phenomena were discovered on Mars, so that Rio Tinto can help scientists study the red planet.
5. Tristan da Cunha located in the South Atlantic ocean. The uniqueness of them is that the nearest piece of land from them — about 2000 miles. The main island is so small that it does not fit even the runway. Therefore, order goods by mail — not the most promising thing. However, for 272 (which are only 8 surnames) that inhabit the island, it doesn't seem to be the problem.
6. The Everglades is a special Ecoregion in southern Florida, USA. Here you can meet crocodiles and alligators, and poisonous snakes, and even bears with the Panthers. Fortunately, the risk of being with them face to face not so great — the area is protected from contact with bystanders.
7. About the same of the hottest places on Earth, there are differences. One such name is El Azizia in the Libyan, others the Valley of Death in the United States. However, according to NASA, a record temperature of +71 degrees — was recorded in the desert of dashte-LUT in Iran. This is, presumably, the highest temperature of all that have ever recorded on our planet.
8. The Drake passage is a very dangerous shipping area with strong winds and icebergs between Antarctica and Cape horn in South America. However, the main reasons why this place can be a threat to ships is underwater currents generated by submarine mountain ranges. Before 1914 was built the Panama canal, the main route from the southern part of the Pacific ocean in the South Atlantic lay just across the Drake passage.
9. The average height of the territory of Tibet is 4000 meters above sea level. Considering how popular these are definitely beautiful places are popular among tourists, it is necessary to understand that not everyone has to appeal to such a mountainous area.
10. The Amazon rainforest, the largest rainforest on Earth is home to 20% of all living species on the planet. As you can probably guess, there can be a threat to anyone who happens to be in this area without special preparation.